Joining solar panel club

Jonboymentalhealth

mikejkay - 2014-12-18 3:08 PM

Wot?! Where are the gainsayers?

:D

Solar panels?..what an utter waste of money and yet another example of boys and their toys.....

You should all be parked within easy reach of an approved EHU point..I find 10-15mtrs to be the optimum..that way, it leaves enough leeway, so as to be able to neatly route the regulation length, 25mm lead (...no unsightly diagonals or hazardous coils for me..Oh no,.not on your nelly).

There Mike..is that better?.... (lol)

Have a Merry Christmas all.... (lol)

Are but not as big as the 90 hectares one they and building not far from us with an even bigger one planned for the other side of our village. We have a few sad individuals who have a web site objecting to even though none of them will be effected by them. We will walk past them when we take the dogs out some times but they will be hardly visible and frankly as we walk by if we even give them a thought at all it will be a warm feeling about the clean power they are generating.

Latest abjection is to the noise of the pile drivers even though it amounts to a faint metallic tapping sound in the distance and will be completed in less than three weeks.

Only complaint I have is that we like to walk down and see what's going on which means traversing some fields filled with very clingy mud. They might have had the decency to built it in the summer!

As for,having one on our PVC we tend to stay on sites with hookups so we don't need one but if we didn't id have no hesitation in having one fitted. Much better solution than a generator.

pepe63 - 2014-12-18 3:32 PM

mikejkay - 2014-12-18 3:08 PM

Wot?! Where are the gainsayers?

:D

Solar panels?..what an utter waste of money and yet another example of boys and their toys.....

You should all be parked within easy reach of an approved EHU point..I find 10-15mtrs to be the optimum..that way, it leaves enough leeway, so as to be able to neatly route the regulation length, 25mm lead (...no unsightly diagonals or hazardous coils for me..Oh no,.not on your nelly).

There Mike..is that better?.... (lol)

Have a Merry Christmas all.... (lol)

Come on Mods, please delete this thread.

It's full of innuendo and disagreement

Best wishes to all. :-D

Good Morning Solar panel Club

Well watching the comments about a waste of money having solar panel fitted has made me think

i have been rallying in a caravan all over europe and uk for many years with no hookups only relying on an 87 watt solar panel and a marlec wind turbine(503) 60 watt max on a good windy day)

now only just bought my motor home LMC Geist with blown heating truma unit 6kw so battery drain will be more than the caravan because the heating in caravan never used electric only if i used the blower but never did

the MH will be different the blower has to be used at about 1.5amp per hour so taking my 2 new leisure batteries of the caravan to put on MH as they were new in sept 2014 and they are WET not AGM not GEL due to weight (Halfords Leisure Batteries 2 x 115 amp hr )

have tried over a weekend with heater on most of the time and used 1 battery only

And was amazed over a 48hr period the battery survived and was down to 12.2volts

now both batteries are wired in with a marine switch so i can select battery 1 or battery 2 or select both batteries together when at home both batteries are connected together as the MH is on EHU

so when i go away for new year for 4 days (no hookup around)battery 1 will be selected until it runs down then the no 2 battery will be selected

the 87 watt solar panel has not been installed yet till the new year but i was wondering is this going to be man enough during the dark season against the summer when there is no heating on only hot water or do i upgrade say to 130 watt panel or more and sell the 87 watt on

i here what you are saying about Varta / Banner batteries etc i have just finished loading the MH and i believe i am over weight of 3500kg (will no more next week on weighbridge) so adding gels or agms will only add more weight (I also have added another 120 amp Wet battery to feed a 1000 watt Full sine wave inverter (thats another story and we are not going down that road today)

have been in touch with a company in Lancashire and the uprated docs etc will be with me in a few weeks (4000KG) so after all of the above Question do i keep to 87 watt or upgrade to 130 watt and above ?

Russell

Archived