dvla-betsy

uncle fester

Hi Betsy, I myself have had the same problem. My added twist is that I have been told that I have a history of heart attacks which was really big news to me. My ordeal started the second week in May and here I am at Christmas still with no licence. I tried to contact the Watchdog program but did not receive a reply. What I want to know is why a nurse who speaks no English is allowed to travel and work in the NHS, because it would restrict her right to travel not to do so, but we are not allowed to travel in Europe personally because of the way motorhomers are treated I do not stay in the U.K. Knowing what I know now, with hindsight I could make a very good suggestion of a way around the DVLA problem but only in private. To me all this is discrimination in a big way and trying to deal with both the NHS and DVLA is terrible. The stress and frustration is mind blowing. To anyone else I would suggest taking a look at the website Trucknet and see how the truck drivers are treated. Also I would like to know what the legal position is in regard to obtaining some kind of compensation under the human rights law and also European law the same as everyone else . Also I think it’s a shame the motorhome industry, as a whole does not appear to fight its corner politically, if people in this industry wishes it to survive, and not just to milk it while it last. Uncle Fester

Archived