disaster

tonyg3nwl

Fell from ladder while washing van roof..broken ribs, shoulder blade, heavy bruising, blue lights trip in different form of motorhome to poole..patched up.and chucked out after 3 day, back home to lick wounds..

roof stillneeds cleaning.

van need headligh repair not shure what did damage.

many week recovery, so no plans for near future

happy xmas to all repair gang.thanks..

tonyg3nwl

My first instinct is to say that is awful and to wish you a speedy recovery, and I hope you will be able to enjoy the Christmas break, sorry, Christmas holiday might be better under the circumstances. Trouble is that none of the usual suspects have piled in to wish you well, so I am now wondering if this is another coded message or wind-up, either way, enjoy Christmas.

AGD

tonyg3nwl - 2014-12-19 10:38 AM

Fell from ladder while washing van roof..broken ribs, shoulder blade, heavy bruising, blue lights trip in different form of motorhome to poole..patched up.and chucked out after 3 day, back home to lick wounds..

tonyg3nwl

I know the pain you will be going through, I fell off my step ladders 14 years ago tore my tendons and shoulder muscles out, I've had five operations since then and still not right..

Hope you have a comfortable Christmas.

John.

Joe90 - 2014-12-19 10:45 AM

Yes that post was............... ;-)

Sorry to hear of your misfortune, my first reply ( above ) was to the fact there was nothing but a blank white box when you first posted, gremlins in the works, anyway speedy recovery I hope, not the best thing to have happened at anytime, never mind just before Christmas, try and have a good one, a good few hot toddys and a bit of telly.............. I'm guessing this year McQueen will get over that fence................he's been trying long enough.

Ouch............unfortunate at any time of year Tony.  Know how it feels with broken/badly bruised ribs so keep away from the 'funnies' on telly over Christmas.  Either that or stock up on 'liquid painkillers'...........I found a good dose of Mr Gordons best followed by a few shots of Mr J Daniels nectar usually did the trick.

One of the benefits of living in a bungalow is you never get to see how dirty the van roof is and what the eye don't see etc etc!

I suppose that means you'll have more time to join in the fun? and games? on here then?

Meanwhile Tony, best wishes for Christmas and the new year and hope it hasn't broken your spirit!

Sorry to hear of your fall and glad it's not even worse, as it could have been. Dangerous things step ladders. A motorhoming friend in the prime of retirement fell backwards from only 5 feet on to his backside and broke his pelvis then it went from bad to worse.

We happen to have a set of very big step ladders, which get me up to roof level easily, but the wife always wants to hold the ladder steady for me, which is no bad thing when you are no longer young but still far from infalible on our sloping drive.

I use an extending broom which goes on to the hosepipe but it's still a bit of a reach and stretch so I should probably stop doing it before disaster strikes.

What is the best way to clean a MH roof and its appendages without killing yourself? Probably to use a mobile professional valeter. At least he's got a hot water/detergent spray machine.

Thanks for the kind comments and good wishes from all.

re hint from the ex fireman, ill remember his tip next time the wife tries to finish the job on the roof..I only wanted to clean the solar panel to keep the bat Tteris topped up.

merry christmas to alland for those going travelling, wishing you have a good trip, might just be a bit risky,.

tony.

Why are you men so careless ? >:-) my O.H fell doing the same thing earlier in the year, of course he was trying to move the blessed thing by stepping on to the side fence instead of getting down and moving the ladder then going back up AND HE DAMAGED THE VAN (lol) (lol) he scratched it where the ladder slid sideways !! Oh he was alright luckily!! just a few bruises and he did lie between van and fence for a while before he dare move 8-) If he had come in when I told him to get his lunch after I had finished planting up the garden.

(lol) (lol) Yes I know HEARTLESS !!

Anyway I hope it doesn't spoil your Christmas and you are not out of action for too long. ;-)

Good point, I'll get the missus up on the roof next time it needs cleaning,

whilst she's at it she can get on the triple extending ladders to unblock the house roof guttering as well. ;-)

Guest JudgeMental
silly boy! why risk life and limb, either take it to a car wash or wait till someone available to foot the ladder. watched A&E program last night from my local St Georges hospital, and a 65 year old fell of his daughters roof, injured himself quite badly. you can kill yourself falling from a pair of steps. Count yourself lucky and think twice next time ;-)

JudgeMental - 2014-12-19 4:25 PM

silly boy! why risk life and limb, either take it to a car wash or wait till someone available to foot the ladder. watched A&E program last night from my local St Georges hospital, and a 65 year old fell of his daughters roof, injured himself quite badly. you can kill yourself falling from a pair of steps. Count yourself lucky and think twice next time ;-)

A work colleage of mine didn't kill himself but fell a foot off the bottom of a ladder (he thought he'd got to the bottom of it! *-) ) and broke both ankles! He never heard the end of it thought as he was a parachutist. :D

tonyg3nwl - 2014-12-19 10:38 AM

tonyg3nwl

Sorry to hear of your attempt at 'flying' and hope you heal quickly ... there are easier ways to get out of doing work though! :-S

Hope it wasn't too painful.

I'm very wary doing the roof and take great care. It' always easy to get up there, but much more care needed with getting back on the ladder.

Merry Christmas and get well soon.

Peter :D

colin - 2014-12-19 5:51 PM

For washing the van roof we have large step ladder and gf foots the bottom, for checking the solar panel I stand on dinette table and look out the skylight.

I find that for washing the van roof a brush and a sponge work much better than a large step ladder?

Archived