All The Aires France 4 Edition 2013/14 for sale

Curtisden

Frank, despair sometimes as number of occasions we have stated that for us using Aires is nothing to do with need to save a bob or two but all about stopping where we want to be etc. But you just do not seem able to get it. Nor the fact that many Aires are not of the past the salt please genre, where vans park so close, but more often than not of the style illustrated by Joe90, in his well thought out response.

Signing off to Christmas now but despite our differences over the Year have no hesitation in wishing you all the best over the festivities and our offer to meet up made both on another thread and in PM to you still stands.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
robertandjean - 2014-12-24 2:27 PM

Frank, despair sometimes as number of occasions we have stated that for us using Aires is nothing to do with need to save a bob or two .....................

Not for you maybe, but the conditions that some people will endure proves that it is all about money for most of them.

And of course I know that there are some decent aires and I've used them. I just thought it would be nice to give Joe90 and one or two others on here a bit of their own medicine. They can't mention using sites or motorhoming in the UK without grossly exaggerated nonsense about having to book months in advance and endure wardens who are little Hitlers etc. etc. The latest is that you're not a proper motorhomer if you use sites. And that's from a man for whom it is clearly all about money!

When I grossly exaggerate they don't like it much. Aires are fine if they're in a rural area and it's not high summer. I gave up trying to get on coastal aires in Brittany a couple of years ago. Unless we got there at lunchtime they were full and very crowded. We found it simpler to find municipal sites where we always got a pitch, with a lot of space.

Had Enough - 2014-12-24 2:42 PM

Frank, despair sometimes as number of occasions we have stated that for us using Aires is nothing to do with need to save a bob or two .....................

Not for you maybe, but the conditions that some people will endure proves that it is all about money for most of them.

And of course I know that there are some decent aires and I've used them. I just thought it would be nice to give Joe90 and one or two others on here a bit of their own medicine. They can't mention using sites or motorhoming in the UK without grossly exaggerated nonsense about having to book months in advance and endure wardens who are little Hitlers etc. etc. The latest is that you're not a proper motorhomer if you use sites. And that's from a man for whom it is clearly all about money!

When I grossly exaggerate they don't like it much. Aires are fine if they're in a rural area and it's not high summer. I gave up trying to get on coastal aires in Brittany a couple of years ago. Unless we got there at lunchtime they were full and very crowded. We found it simpler to find municipal sites where we always got a pitch, with a lot of space.

Your choice ... Respect others who's choice may differ ... If someone wants to save a bob or two using aires what's the problem ?

Like R And J say lots of aires are exactly where you want to be .... Bikes off and bingo

Had Enough - 2014-12-24 2:42 PM

Let's get this right, Aires...... sometimes you use them, sometimes you don't use them, you use them if they meet your criteria, you use a municipal if they don't, you use a municipal in preference sometimes, you use a commercial site on other occasions if it suits, you gave up on coastal aires in Brittany, you use Motorway aires if it suits,

hey guess what, here's what I do.

sometimes I use them, sometimes I don't, I use them if they meet my criteria, not if they don't, I use a municipal if they don't, I use a municipal in preference sometimes, I use a commercial site on other occasions if it suits, I gave up on coastal aires in Brittany, you use Motorway aires if it suits, I use motorway aires if it suits.

Why, we are like two peas in a pod.

:-)

Or perhaps that would be a gross exaggeration :D

Tracker - 2014-12-21 4:16 PM

It never fails to amaze me what people will pay good money for on Fleabay - who pays the postage?

Just have to hope that you have kept the book updated and that the Aires the new owner visits are all still there - almost all of them will be of course - almost, but not quite all!

Just in closing this item I find I may even I may agree that E Bay brings in some very odd bids.

This copy of the 4th edition of this guide has just been sold for £26. + £3.50 postage on E Bay. Some £10.50 more than the latests 5th edition.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/221641405268?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Archived