Chassis Replating

Guest Rowan Lee

Guest Rowan Lee
Mel, Further to recent postings, I now have a full set of your articles on weight (It ain't heavy, it's my motorhome) and towing and have come to the inevitable conclusion that we need to have our vehicle replated. We have contacted SVTech who have been very helpful. However, before we go ahead (and I think I understand all the implications of going up to 3850 kg), I notice elsewhere in the forum that you have prepared step by step instructions for this procedure which you have offered to email. Since your other articles have been so enlightening and helpful for us beginners, I wonder if you would be so kind as to let me have a copy. Many many thanks in anticipation. Rowan Lee rowanlee@btopenworld.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Brian  (BJP)
Hi Rowan,I've just had my Laika upgraded to 3850kg,I was over weight before I put anything in, now I'm ok although to keep within the rear axle limit I do need to only half fill the water tank.It was a simple procedure with SVTech, hardest bit sending the £250 +Vat.You need to notify DVLA for them to send the form (not avail at the PO).It has to be re-reg as priv heavy goods and a new tax disc and reg doc to be issued.Obviousely you do need a DE drvg licence for which a medical is required,Frequency subject to age.

Archived