North Yorks day trip parking

Abcheetham

I've seen tons of posts about parking in Whitby and Scarborough and I wondered what my forum colleagues would recommend to me about which would be best for a day trip parking wise! Basically we just want to be able to park close to town, anywhere around Whitby, Scarborough, Filey, Bridligton etc

filey Brigg is a great place to park if you google it you will see it is right on the cliff top and you can walk into filey along the beach from there you cant overnight there but there is a campsite next to the brigg owned by nort yorks council it shuts at beginning of january for a few weeks but is also a good place to camp i spent new year there a couple of years ago v nice :- pp:)

Guest Peter James
Parking on Scarborough South Bay and Marine Drive is free until 2nd April. You may need to be there before about 8am to get a space on the South Bay. Motorhomes banned between about 11pm and 7am. That doesn't affect me because I don't have a motorhome - its a goods vehicle loaded with furniture ;-) But I still don't park there overnight because I prefer sleeping somewhere quieter. Plenty of free unrestricted parking in Bridlington South of the harbour. Filey Seafront and just above the seafront behind the Crescent area free. Haven't been to Whitby since April when they were installing parking meters on the seafront, but I believe there is still free seafront parking about a mile North of Whitby harbour, in the unlikely event the parking meters are operating this time of year.. Just go and drive around. You'll be OK this time of year B-)

Archived