Storage in Swindon, Wilts

Wasnt Me

As Swindon is rapidly expanding and most of the houses being built have little or no room for a van, storage is becoming rare. Most of the storage sites have a waiting list , so how far from Swindon do you want to store your van?. I know the storage your van is currently as I visit my customers there regularly, why do you feel the need to move?

I don't think you will find anything that close to Swindon town centre. There is storage in Wroughton , but I'm not sure where. Rodents can be a problem where ever you store your van, its best if there is absolutely no food left in the van including crumbs left in the cupboards.

I thought the chances were slim, but worth trying to find somewhere.

We did have a problem last year but did a deep clean every time we took it back.

This seemed to work but they have come back.

I am thinking its the time of year?

I really need to find the hole, but its a needle in a haystack job.

Thanks again

fjmike - 2014-12-30 11:08 PM

I don't think you will find anything that close to Swindon town centre. There is storage in Wroughton , but I'm not sure where. Rodents can be a problem where ever you store your van, its best if there is absolutely no food left in the van including crumbs left in the cupboards.

I am looking for somewhere near Malmesbury, any ideas please?

Thanks in advance.

martin h - 2014-12-31 12:47 PM

Thanks in advance.

Hi Martin , there is Burton Hill in Malmesbury or Space contained at Hullavington or Swindon caravan storage at Cricklade. I do not know what the first two are like as I have not visited any customers there, Swindon Caravan storage is quite large so should be able to accommodate you.

Wasn't Me - 2014-12-30 10:31 PM

Hi thanks for the reply.

Ideally it needs to be close enough to cycle to from the town centre.

I was looking to move as I have a rodent problem.

Luckily they have not done too much damage yet, but its only a matter of time.

Hi,

Where are you storing now please as it sound like one to avoid. We current store in Lea but the route through the farm yard is getting too "muddy".

Thanks.

fjmike - 2014-12-31 1:53 PM

martin h - 2014-12-31 12:47 PM

Thanks in advance.

Hi Martin , there is Burton Hill in Malmesbury or Space contained at Hullavington or Swindon caravan storage at Cricklade. I do not know what the first two are like as I have not visited any customers there, Swindon Caravan storage is quite large so should be able to accommodate you.

Hi Mike,

Thanks, I think we looked at Swindon Caravan Storage a couple of years ago, how is the track up to the storage are now please? I will check out the other two places.

Thanks.

Greenman14 - 2015-01-02 7:26 PM

The track to Swindon Caravan Storage is not great. We looked at it a couple of months ago and there were large deep potholes all the way up, that was the only thing that put us off.

Thanks, saves a trip to look, any suggestions for somewhere else please?

Hi Martin

The place I use now is between the toys r us roundabout and the hospital roundabout on the A419.

There is nothing really wrong with the place, it's just my van must have a mouse sized hole I can't locate.

From my research, I've found out its quite good value.

Just need to ensure there is no food residue in van and try to find the hole.

If you want I can PM the number over, if you want to check it out.

Wasn't Me - 2015-01-03 10:14 PM

Hi Martin

The place I use now is between the toys r us roundabout and the hospital roundabout on the A419.

There is nothing really wrong with the place, it's just my van must have a mouse sized hole I can't locate.

From my research, I've found out its quite good value

From your earlier posting I thought your storage was at Blunsdon. Now I know different, I have valeted vans at the place you mention and have to say that I would have thought the rodent population lower than other storage sites

Wasn't Me - 2015-01-03 10:14 PM

Hi Martin

From my research, I've found out its quite good value.

Just need to ensure there is no food residue in van and try to find the hole.

If you want I can PM the number over, if you want to check it out.

Thanks but we are in Malmesbury so this is the wrong side of Swindon.

Archived