MOBILVETTA KIMU

KIMU122

Hi there, I don't own a Kimu but I did the first test on it for MMM earlier this year. Here's a few points to start with: How heavy is your Kimu and what is the MTPLM on the plate? The one I tested weighrd in at 3360 with full fuel and water and me on board but despite Marquis stating it was a 3850KG chassis the plate said 3500KG. According to several other posters on this forum Renault have said that the Master chassis cannot be upgraded to 3850KGs! How many bits have fallen off yours so far? The test van's door mounted waste bin parted company from the door every time you shut it. On the outside of the washroom was a trim panel with a funny shaped mirror, a strange pocket and a couple of upside down coat hooks, first night away in the 'van and this panel leapt off the wall. Does your hob smoke? One morning while my better half was cooking breakfast we discovered smoke coming out of the cutlery drawer! We finally figured it was manufacturing oil burning off the under side of the hob. Overall we thought it was a very well built motorhome on a fantastic chassis but it just missed the point of being a motorhome in so many ways for us. I.E. huge garage but no payload, Sleeping berths for five but no payload, sleeping berths for five but travelling seats for only four, a seven metre 'van that only three people can sit down to watch TV in at any given time, a toilet roll holder that was in a ridiculous place, a clear window in the washroom, cab curtains that were too thin to be of any use, cab curtains that when drawn were in front of the swivelled passenger seat rendering it useless after dark, a space heater that sounded like a 737 taking off! I did like the extensive use of low power consuming fluorescent lights but why no reading lights over the rear bed? D.

Archived