Spares problem

bodach

My 2004 Ducato based Mclouis has an indicator which is on a stalk on the front wing. Someone on a ferry knocked this off and broke the fitting on to the wing. I fixed it on with white sealant and the whole thing is secure but this spoils the look of the thing and will affect the price when I come to trade in. Despite extensive searching online I cannot find a replacement anywhere. I imagined that this would be a standard Fiat part but it appears not so. This type of fitting seems not uncommon on m/homes but does anyone know where I can get a replacement? I live on an island off the coast of Scotland so cannot easily just nip down a few hundred miles away to look at some breakers.

Brian Kirby - 2014-12-31 5:07 PM

Can you post a picture of the undamaged indicator? It may help identification.

Yo must have seen them, they are on almost every Sevel cab / chassis based coach built up to 2005 /6 , triangular black plastic housings with the side indicator repeater at the end on the front wings. ;-) But locating a spare one via Google has thrown up nothing for the OP, nor me when I was to enthusiastic with a car wash brush lance once. :-S My solution as I recall was some plumbers solvent weld, or may have been superglue

P.S found a picture of the said housing on a van.

fiat-ducatomotorhome-diesel-commercial.jpg.04c84945fb7118bedb294e0f048c35eb.jpg

Hi,

It is a standard Fiat part, The Fiat number for Driver side is 1332965080 and passenger side 1332966080. I might have the two part numbers the wrong way round but each side is different (drain hole location) and I think I have it correct.

You could always opt for the shorter ones as your Lagan is not extremely wide. ..2080 and ....3080.

Ah, one of those! There's a website here http://tinyurl.com/qf4fnjw that lists caravan breakers. Found by searching under "motor caravan salvage". It is a longish list, but it may be worth working through after Monday. Alternatively, trying similar searches (maybe motor caravan breakers) should pull up other sources. It looks like the kind of item breakers put to one side for use as spares, so there must be one somewhere. Good luck with the search.

Not searched very hard, but of all else fails you can always get from Italy.

http://www.riamspa.it/default.asp?cmd=searchProd&idA=7&idC=435

I expect any Fiat, Peugoet or Citroen Dealer can get them for you.

There is also Ebay.... Italian vendor. Gosh postage is high....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Distanziale-Fx06-Fiat-Professional-2E-Ducato-Restyl-Bz-Ds-2001-2006-1332965080-/201087434150?pt=Ricambi_automobili&hash=item2ed1bebda6

pelmetman - 2014-12-31 7:47 PM

Ah the joys of being no longer in production B-) ....................our spares become a lot cheaper ;-) ...........

Until they are obsolete.................you really should change the record you know........I'm assuming you've got plenty of 78rpm ones, the same song over and over again becomes a little but tedious for everyone. We can't even escape you whilst en route to Spain..........that is, if you've ever actually left your front room.

(!)

And you constantly blocking threads with your obsessive nonsense becomes more than a bit wearing as well, especially when someone is in need of some genuine help, you plonker.

Worth noting that these extenders come in two different sizes which muddies the water for the OP somewhat, best double check dimensions if going down the mail order route. ;-)

I wonder whether it'd be possible(permissible?)to replace them with "standard" van, wing indictors?.....

I clacked one off our Renault Master (in a similar manner to Joe90)and I would've like to have fitted "standard" assemblies(less vulnerable) but when I looked into swapping ours, it turned out that the fixings were totally different...

In the end, I just glued ours back together...and it lasted the 2-3 years 'til we sold the van...

Oh! nearly forgot..Happy new Year all! :-D

Thanks all for the input. Joe90 has the picture of the item on a similar van. My damaged one is kerb side in U K terms. I had pretty well given up hope but will wait until sanity has returned to the world. In any case I am away all next week Thanks again and a happy new year to all.

Joe90 - 2014-12-31 10:16 PM

Worth noting that these extenders come in two different sizes which muddies the water for the OP somewhat, best double check dimensions if going down the mail order route. ;-)

The longer versions are as advertised on the link provided by Robinhood.

The Fiat Part Numbers for the shorter extensions are 1332964080 (LH side) and 1332963080 (RH side).

Archived