What are the 'must visit in a motorhome' GB places

Brock

Guest Peter James
colin - 2015-01-01 7:45 PM

If you want specific events, then I would say Great Dorset Steam Fair, we may well be there for at least a couple of days this year.

Wondered about that as its on this week, so have just been looking at their website gallery. But there doesn't seem to be anything I haven't seen at the Pickering Traction Engine Rally. Which is a third of the price to get in....... and the chips are fried in proper Yorkshire Dripping - none of your poncey southern vegetable oils ;-)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have just come back from Ireland and the roads have improved a hell of a lot, but a few are still poor. Our route was from Dublin to Co Mayo which was very good driving, Around Co Mayo (Ballyvary, six nights) with just a few poor roads, Down to Galloway and on to Co Clare (Doolin, three nights) then back to Dublin via Roscrea (four nights). Yes a lot of EU money has gone into road improvements. We found that a lot of the roads were really good and went on for quite a few miles then suddenly you would hit the old bad ones, usually at, or on a bend, I think this was when the money run out. Whatever you do if you go....make so you don't hit Dublin at rush hour.

In Northern Ireland there are very few roads in Europe that can match the scenery or the driving satisfaction than the coast road from Larne to Portrush gives.

Dave

Archived