Green card Morocco

fairweather camper

Hi

Can anyone tel me if Morocco will accept a photocopy of the green card, we are hoping to go middle of March, my insurance runs out 6th March, so the green card they issue me now would not be valid but as we are leaving the country on the 2nd February they can only email me one for the dates we intend to go, tried to cancel what is left of the insurance and take out anotherone from the 1st February but that is not possible as you have to wait 30 days before you can take out a new one, can anyone help.

Regards

Val

Guest Had Enough

Get the file printed in a local computer shop, double-sided on good quality paper. How will they even know it's not the original?

Failing that, why not ask your insurer to post it to a selected address? Do you know of a campsite that you'll be using? Are you going to buy your Morocco ferry ticket from Carlos in Algeciras? If you are, have it posted to him. Obviously whomever you use, you should contact them by email to let them know that there'll' be a letter for you.

Do the print-out as well in case something goes wrong, but I don't think you'll have a problem with a really good copy anyway. Let's face it, insurance companies print them out themselves, so why can't you?

on our last visit, our friends had not recieved their green card, so elected to buy insurance at the moroccan border. on arrival they asked the customs/police where they could get the insurance and were pointed to the area OUTSIDE the port, where you can buy the insurance, get money etc. they had NO interest in the green card or anything other than the vehicle import forms (as supplied by carlos). they have never looked at our green card on any of our visits. if you have been given the ok by your insurance company, then you are covered. a copy therefore (i imagine) would be acceptable if it is required as proof in the case of an accident.

Archived