rapido 7099F beginners

pedrosita

Hi

we have just bought our very first Motorhome

a 2007 rapido 7099F a lifetime dream and we have been looking at lots of different models over the years but kept coming back to this model. The only problem I have is the lack of kitchen work top there is a fixed table in the dinette but it's not ideal as it's round a corner. Does anyone own this model and have advice on a solution I would really appreciate it. Any other tips or views would also be welcome for novices. Thank you

Hi and welcome.

It is something you learn to adapt to, compared with some your van has a reasonable size kitchen, it is the same layout as our last Hymer having an L shaped kitchen gives you a fair bit of room by Motorhome standards, our current van has far less worktop but we manage.

Leave the sink & draining board covers in place when preparing food, if you need to rinse or wash anything use the washroom sink. Also you can prepare veg etc on a chopping board on the dinning table.

Yes as the comments above, we have a Rapido 7087, our "kitchen" I think is identical to yours, we have a fixed bed, the corner of which is sometimes utilized for dishing up , but it really is no big deal, and I don't think the folks in France envisaged an English full sunday roast with all the trimmings ( although on occasion we try ) in common with a lot of continental vans cooking whilst away seems to be an afterthought, an oven for example is rarely on the agenda, we try to keep it simple, tinned and frozen veg for example saves on prep, and the need to rinse stuff, on other occasions we let someone else do the cooking just enjoy your van, and being a Rapido you've made a sound choice, enjoy your travels.

P.S a tip given to us just last year by someone was to use a paper plate on top of your normal ones, saves on washing up, often just a cursory wipe is all it will need. ;-)

Archived