MMM 'Escape 2015' handout.

EJB

With 28 countries in the EU and 50 European countries overall the Escape 2015 mag is a little sad....as always.

"Over 2,000 UK and European campsites"

169 pages...UK and Ireland.

15 pages ....France

2 pages.......Spain

3 sites.........Portugal

It's as bad as the Caravan Club! *-)

What a waste of paper 8-) (lol)

Yes it is a little 'thin' and I wonder if these small site books issued by magazines are really worth printing.

Also the suggested price of £7.95 brought tears to my eyes - for not much more I got my ACSI membership plus two great sites books of the whole of Europe listing almost 3000 sites across 20 European countries, albeit only just under 50 being in the UK.

As for the magazine I do think that MMM is one of the best and is very balanced in terms of features, articles, tests, etc.

Alan

starvin marvin - 2015-01-11 3:47 PM

Like most of the magazine, keeps missing the target. Due for another editorial change?

That's interesting Tony; but are you sure you know what the target market is? and if you are part of that target?

We subscribe, but having had a van now for about 5 years, and a "bespoke" at that,we find ourselves wondering how much longer we'll continue to buy a years subscription.

The more experienced we become, the more often content seems to be recycled.

If we were very new to vanning then maybe the Escape 2015 guide would be of more interest.

I'm personally looking forward to the day the ACSI guide to UK becomes a serious competitor to the two big "clubs" and their guides; but I'm not holding my breath!!

regards

alan b

In defence of these freebies, we did find them helpful when we started out, and although we have been members of C&CC from the start, we never took to using the club sites. I never felt comfortable about striking up conversation with someone who lived just down the road and appeared to have driven onto the site so that we could all watch them wash and polish their caravans. We found some great sites and had a lot of good times through those commercially produced guides.

Gosh, I am completely in awe of those who know so much about their interest that they derive no benefit from reading the magazines. I have found that the more I learn, the more I realise that there is still so much that I don't know, and that experience has taught me to refine and digest the knowledge I encounter, and turn it into something positive.

Would it be fair to say that in reading some of the contributions made by a few of these experts, we are fully able to see and be amazed at their intellectual capacity?

AGD

Archiesgrandad - 2015-01-12 12:16 PM

...Gosh, I am completely in awe of those who know so much about their interest that they derive no benefit from reading the magazines. I have found that the more I learn, the more I realise that there is still so much that I don't know, and that experience has taught me to refine and digest the knowledge I encounter, and turn it into something positive.....

It gets easier as you get older and lose your short term memory to take enjoyment from what might otherwise seem so repetitive and laden with product placement and advertising.

Archived