Dash cam that is Mac compatible

manwiththepsychoGPS

Roadhawk DC-1 and Roadhawk HD say they are Mac compatable

http://shop.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-hd

Not cheap as some, but mine has been reliable. If you seach for Roadhawk - codes discount on the web,thereare a few special offers for taxis, lorry drivers etc

Thats how I got my upgrade from the DC-1 version

After sales service is good as well.

Rgds

PS You can download and play http://shop.roadhawk.co.uk/roadhawk-hd at the bottom of the web page

Unfortunately just because it uses an SD card does not mean it is Mac compatible.

I have a Snooper DVR-1HD and whilst it uses an SD card the card also carries a programme which is used to access the data and this programme is not compatible with a Mac. I don't know how well you would be able to access the data but am fairly certain the GPS data and link to Google maps would not work and to me these are the key features of this model.

Keith.

On some systems like Roadhawk the clip is 1 minute long, and as a result you get a multitude of files. which can be read by Quick time (The Mac software) but is a real headache to view and edit, So you need the software with the camera thar collates the clips and also reads the GPS, Speed and other info.

Some systems take 5 or 10 minute clips, so are much easier to read and play with, using freebie software.

Just thought I would share that info, for those that did not know.

Rgds

manwiththepsychoGPS - 2015-01-16 8:46 AM

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at the AliB and tonyishuk. I'll have a look at the Roadhawk.

The basic cameras that just record video are less likely to be a problem. If you are after the type of camera that also records GPS you have to use the supplied viewer program. I could send you a copy and you can see if you can access the data.

If you wish to take up this offer send me a PM with your email address.

tonyishuk - 2015-01-16 7:07 PM

On some systems like Roadhawk the clip is 1 minute long, and as a result you get a multitude of files. which can be read by Quick time (The Mac software) but is a real headache to view and edit, So you need the software with the camera thar collates the clips and also reads the GPS, Speed and other info.

Some systems take 5 or 10 minute clips, so are much easier to read and play with, using freebie software.

Just thought I would share that info, for those that did not know.

Rgds

I have not recently looked at a Roadhawk but most of the cheaper cameras allow you to set the clip length.

Although 1 minute is probably all you need if you are going to use the video as evidence of a crash situation.

Archived