Motorhome & caravan dealers

dassis

Have to say that Highbridge Caravans have been excellent at supplying spares on a couple of occasions and in doing some minor work when I called in when passing. They are my supplying dealer, but about 100 miles away from where I live, so a special trip for any work is 200 miles.

I reported a water leak whilst away in Yorkshire and asked if there would be anyone in the workshops on the Bank Holiday Monday when we would be travelling home. I was told that a skeleton staff would be there and that someone would look at the job but might not be able to do anything on the Monday, as was the case.

However, the problem was identified and I was offered the chance to have the job done the following morning so I said that I would try one of the local sites for a pitch for the night, but was offered a stay in their compound. I accepted and a EHU was plugged in for us to overnight there. Next morning about 1 1/2 hours warranty work on a shower drain pipe was done.

On another occasion, the flap on the EHU socket wouldn't clip securely. Although it looked as if the cap could be replaced and that was all I asked for, that wasn't the case from the available types in stock, so the whole socket was replaced while we waited, no charge.

Not sure, but I think it is a family business and it shows.

We had an Autosleeper and an Autotrail from Marquis Northampton both were new models and were both plagued with problems , but nothing really serious ,but annoying . On all occasions we were dealt with without any quibbles or delays , unlike the problems we had with our 1st motorhome purchased from Brownhills @ Newark . The Brownhills problem was just after the Brownhills to Brownhills changeover which I think was either 2007 / 2008 having said that there seems to be a big improvement in their after sales department according to reports from satisfied customers.

A well sounds like I have opened a can of worms on this subject, all I can really say now is I can't wait for my van to be out of warranty so that I can take it to the guys at consett looked after my last van for seven of its ten years.

Thanks to you all

Tracker - 2015-01-14 7:41 PM

David Fuller at Gunthorpe were very fair with us when we had several issues with our A/T Cheyenne and Simpsons at Great Yarmouth were truly brilliant with the many and various issues that plagued our A/S Warwick for nigh on 6 months.

Please don't upset me like that Tracker. We've just taken delivery of a new A/S Warwick XL in the expectation that it would be totally fault free for at least five years. All does seem to,be well so far.

Strange (heavy leaning towards sarcasm intended here) isn't it that supplying dealerships are the nice guys/good to deal with people when your intending to handover tens of £1,000's then once they have your money it's all too much trouble or shoddily dealt with.  Unfortunately the transfer of responsibility from sales to workshop seems to be the point at which things go awry.

Our supplying dealership was excellent in supplying and rectifying those minor niggly faults that have the potential to take the edge off the feeling one gets having just made a not insignificant investment.  However, and this was an impossible to forsee manufacturing mistake, insufficient sealant was used on the large back wall window of our shiny new home on wheels.  It took a few days and nights of biblical downpours in Scotland before the problem made itself known.  The inside back wall, furnishings and bedding were soaked through.  Longer story short we called the dealership, made arrangements to call in on our way home for them to investigate.  Investigation done, rectification carried out we were 'assured' there would be no further problems and the likelyhood of damp arising from the leak was minimal. We were assured the water had tracked 'across' the internal structure hence the amount of water we had soaking the inside of the van. We were assured they had confirmed the leak had not made ingress into the structure. Reassured things were sorted we relaxed in our new ownership...............until the news from the next hab service carried out at Davan in Weston on the mud...............40+ hours work required to practically rebuild the rear wall due to extremely high and widespread damp readings.  Now as a new, to them, customer I was a little sceptical as I had been assured by the supplying dealership the possibility of damp was minimal and this was certainly not minimal damp.  Davan submitted a warranty claim on our behalf complete with all relevant documentary evidence/proof etc required by manufactureres and around 6 weeks later the work was agreed.  The estimate was almost £3000.00 of repairs which were carried out to such a high standard we had to ask to be shown what they had done.  The following year hab service, again at Davan, damp was found around the garage door........£900.00 of warranty work carried out hassle free.

During both hab services Davan had also carried out minor rectifications at no extra cost. 

So yes there are shoddy/dodgy dealers out there that just want your money but if you want to deal with a good, pleasant and efficient company Davan in Weston super Mare comes highly recommended..........the staff there who have day to day dealings with us 'punters' are genuinely nice people.  It's almost a pleasure to hand over ones cash.........................I did say 'almost'.....:-)

Archived