Bailey approach autograph 740

dassis

Is there anyone out there that has an approach autograph 740, if so is your domitic fridge freeze noisy when on gas ours is so loud it wakes you up through the night, I have heard that if enough people complain domitic my try to fix it. Dassis

The one in my Hymer was like that, sounded like a furnace and wasn't cooling very well, I called the local Dometic service engineer, he changed the burner. Quieter now but still noisy compared to the 7 series fridge in my last Hymer, you can still hear it inside the van and I still don't reckon it cools as well as the 7 series & appears to use more gas. Also looking through the bottom vent at night you can see the burner roaring away looks quite dangerous.

Using the van over Christmas I had to take the top vent cover off, the cover was hot and the burner was running almost continuously, with the 7 series in the old van never a problem with the vent covers on.

Just don't get me started on that electronic control panel, can't even see what the fridge is set to without opening the door.

Seems like the 8 series has been designed by someone who doesn't have a clue on leisure use, the 7 series was a far better fridge.

Rant over. (lol)

Edit:

I have heard that if enough people complain domitic my try to fix it.

Might be worth emailing Dometic like you say if enough do maybe they will redesign the burner.

I'll put a post on the Hymer Club forum.

Perhaps anyone who is on Facts or Fun could do the same.

If anyone has Dometic fridge problems, there is an approved service technician at Leisure Tech, Clitheroe. Phone number 01200 442277. He will even come out to your premises. All warranty work is covered. He has a mobile number 07968 411782.

He's also an agent for Thetford, Telair and Truma. I have used his services and can recommend him. His name is Jeff Fielding.

If anyone has Dometic fridge problems, there is an approved service technician at Leisure Tech, Clitheroe. Phone number 01200 442277. He will even come out to your premises. All warranty work is covered. He has a mobile number 07968 411782.

He's also an agent for Thetford, Telair and Truma. I have used his services and can recommend him. His name is Jeff Fielding.

Archived