Driving license?

Pete-B

After much discussion with DVLA about renewing her license, my wife got an email from them to say if you renew your license after age 70 and the photo on it at present was taken after you reached 70 then you don't ever need to replace the photo again.

When she tried to renew this morning on line, the form said "you are not eligible for this service".

She then went down to the main post-office and the guy told her that DVLA had given wrong information and she would have to replace the photo!

Who too believe?

Did my husbands renewal on line, from the reminder sent to him last week..Did not need a new photo, came back within days!! This was the forth renewal for him. From memory he may have had anew photo on turning 70, but the form states that a new photo not needed. If he had wanted to change the photo, we could not do it on line Maybe it was your wifes first renewal at 70??

PJay

Also if you have a current passport you do not need a new photo they use the one the Passport office has on their files.

Crazy you have to renew you license because the photo is 10 years old, so if your passport is 9 or 10 years old they are happy to use a 9 or 10 year old photo.!

lennyhb - 2015-01-14 4:09 PM

Also if you have a current passport you do not need a new photo they use the one the Passport office has on their files.

Crazy you have to renew you license because the photo is 10 years old, so if your passport is 9 or 10 years old they are happy to use a 9 or 10 year old photo.!

Lenny, I believe there is a caveat that the photo must be less than 5 years old :-(

ie The passport must have been issued within the last 5 years.

Keith.

Archived