What's on your V5C registration document..

Steve928

..under Make, Type & Model?

The reason I ask is that on previous vans it has been Peugeot or Fiat and then the chassis cab derivation e.g. 'Boxer 335MLWB' from the V55(1).

But for the current van's document DVLA have used the motorhome manufacturer and model from the certificate of conformity, so 'Bailey Motorhomes' and '3500L' with model left blank.

Just wondered which is correct and does it matter?

Mine has Make : Fiat

Type: ATF

Variant:2MXD

version:FO6S2

then Model: Autotrail Frontier Savannah

Body Type: Motor caravan

Taxation class: Private HGV

Revenue Weight: 4250kg

CC :2287 cc

Etc., etc.,

not sure if your is differant, or if it matters. Tax is paid according to the Taxation Class. Mine is £165.

Ray

Thanks Ray. That would seem to indicate that they got mine wrong and Make should be Peugeot.

Oh well, never mind, I guess it is unlikely to be crucial.

Sadly it did keep us off the road for a few days though as having been told that it'd be registered from 1/1/15 and having not received the V5C we were searching the online DVLA database using the reg.no. and 'Peugeot' which found (and continues to find) no vehicle record.

They put down whatever you or whoever put on the v55. On mine I made a mistake I put the engine type for engine number (dealer had put it on the invoice as engine number) so they put that on the v5. I've not bothered to do anything about it as I've since found out it common for Motorhomes to be registered with engine number unknown, impossible for anyone to find the number on the engine without major dismantling.

lennyhb - 2015-01-14 11:58 PM

They put down whatever you or whoever put on the v55.

Actually they didn't in this case. I saw both the V55 (1) for the chassis cab and the V55 (4) for the conversion and they both stated Peugeot and Boxer 355 T130 or something like that..

So it was DVLA themseleves that chose to use other data that existed only on the CoC.

Very strange but I won't lose any sleep over it..

Archived