Help please - stereo fitting Chausson 510

BeefyJ

Hi all,

We're picking up our new 510 this Sat and it doesn't come with a stereo but is 'pre-wired' in the x250 cab. Does anyone know what the pre-wiring consists of? ISO connector?

Done some research and can't quite work out what unit I want/need to install and what bits to go with it. I'm thinking I'd like a double din unit so that it has the ability to double as a screen for a rear camera, alternatively I might just go for a cheap Bluetooth compatible unit with no cd, all my music is on my phone.

Appreciate your thoughts, especially if you have experience putting a head unit into a pre-wired Chausson x250 cab.

Thanks.

Pulled out the double din trim moulding, cut the centre bar out of it & fitted the metal cage tabs just bend over the edge, replaced it in the dash, The Clarion unit will push and lock in when finally fitted.

I wrapped some foam packing material around the DAB unit it then fitted snugly under the dash top glove box, fitted the DAB aerial down the passenger side (right hand side my van is LHD).

Fitted the GPS aerial just in front of the instrument binnacle didn't need to stick it down just sits there, unscrew and remove the binnacle to get the cable through.

Main wiring loom just plugged straight in but if you are wiring to the Fiat electrics you will need to swap the red & yellow wires over . I joined the red & yellow together and connected them to a permanent live output on my Elektroblock charger/distribution unit so it runs of the leisure battery.

The parking brake cable I connected to the ground wire with a scotchlok (technically illegal).

Connected my twin reversing camera's via changeover switch to the camera input, TV sound to Aux 2. Fed the usb input lead into the centre glovebox for my ipod (I think I am going to move it to the top Glovebox).

I used the Fiat radio switched supply for the reversing cameras.

Archived