Dog Friendly Beaches Vendee/Quiberon

Wasnt Me

Hello helpful people

The time has come to look at our plans for the summer holiday.

We are planning on a trip to the Vendee and then I want to return to Quiberon.

We are trying to see if the beaches in Quiberon are dog friendly and looking for some recommendations for the Vendee.

I know that in the main the popular guarded beaches are not generally dog friendly in August, but looking for recommendations.

We have found this site below which quite helpful but possibly out of date and can't find Quiberon.

http://blog.patawouf.fr/dog-friendly-beaches-in-france-in-2013/

Any advice would be great and if you can recommend some good child friendly sites also, within walking distance to the beach that would be amazing.

Thanks in advance

Not too sure from your post, what month of the year you intend to visit, but you will find that in july/august most beaches are a no no here in france for dogs, hence, we stay at home most of that time. But a good beach in the Vendee, with aire (5euro) a night, no facilities, so fill up and empty before you arrive, and arrive early if poss, is Paree prenau, between St jean de monts and St hillaire de riez, forgive spelling, as for Quiberon, the only place we have found is just as you drop down onto the causeway there is a municiple campsite on your left with aire, and you can walk the dogs on their beach. Just west of Quiberon, at Etel, Municiple site, beaches and links next to, great for dogs as plenty of bunnies, if thats their thing. Just thought, also in Vendee, at Fromentine, just to left of bridge over to Noirmoutier.

Please forgive all spellings, Regards Nigel.

Brilliant thanks.

Just to clarify, August and we will be booking a proper campsite with all the facilities as we have two young kids to cater for.

I am confident we can find dog friendly sites. Ideally we need to be able to walk to the beach from it.

So you think the beaches in Quiberon are generally ok for dogs?

Are they available to anyone or just the municipal site customers?

Thanks again

Most sites will be dog friendly, at a cost, but the beaches not, the site mentioned on Quiberon is only accessed from site, i am sure there are others near by, but you usually find that they are away from the best beaches, and are usually the wilder type with little or no facilities. Xome site owners will give local information on which beaches may be available, but at peree prenue their are pine woods behind the dunes which are o.k for walking the dogs.

Although dogs are, in theory, banned from beaches the Locals do not abide by the rules and allow their pets to use it whenever they feel like doing so – I have the photos to prove it!

But we Brits usually stick to the regulations and tut-tut at the ones who allow their dogs to run free on the beach.

There is really no need to take dogs on the beach as there are a multitude of coastal paths stretching for miles near Quiberon and we always use the coastal paths to let our Border Collie run free whichever French coast we are on.

Early and late in the day your dog will legally be allowed to go on the beach but using common sense with regard to other beach users is advised – and just because the Locals don't pick up anything their dogs leave behind doesn't mean you should follow their poor example.

Thanks.

Ideally we don't want to let our dog run all over the beach not on a lead.

But with two young kids, it's nice to have a day at the beach making sand castles etc.

The site I linked indicates that many beaches allow dogs on a lead.

I think we will just have to check it out.

It will be good to allow him to have a run about at some point and as people have said there are beaches, this is possible.

Thanks keep the advice coming, it will be first time with dog he is only 20 weeks at the moment.

Nothing more normal than a family together (including it's Canine members) having fun on a beach.

My Dogs love the water, and would spend hours swimming and fetching a thrown float, if I let them. Of course not on a crowded beach, not only not so much Fun, but unfair on other folk around. My young Labrador bitch has been known to knock me over in her excitement, let alone a small child. AND has already been said, always pick up. We have a small bag carrier attatched to their leads, So we are NEVER without a pick up bag, relying on putting a bag in your pocket doesn't always work, (experience) especially with 2 labradors. Have Fun !!

Ray

GOOGLE-ing on

vendee plages chiens

or

quiberon plages chien

will identify several websites relating to dog 'friendly/unfriendly’ beaches in those areas.

Regarding Quiberon, the situation seems to be that dogs are officially forbidden from all beaches there, though dogs kept on lease are (apparently) ‘tolerated' at the Pointe du Conguel.

Archived