Stinky fridge !

Globetrotter

Hi all The Electrolux fridge in my new purchase stinks! It has mould, has clearly been left closed whilst damp and had an awful car air freshener hanging from one of the shelves !! Question-what is the best stuff to clean and deodorise it ready for use? (I already threw the air freshener away....) Thanks!

Try a solution of sodium bicarbonate (bicarbonate of soda from the home baking shelf of your local supermarket). Rinse clean with water. You may have to repeat the process. If the above doesn't work you can try Milton solution following the instructions on the bottle. I would personally avoid the use of harsher domestic cleaners.

If you need more advice - just Google; Kim & Aggie (or, via channel4.com) go to Eco Cleaning, where you will find suggestions for: Mould & Mildew, Air Fresheners - which includes Deodourising. They confirm the former advice for using Bicarb plus, their favourite panacea for everything - Lemon Juice!

I also agree with the Bicarb use however if it is smell rather than the mould you cant get rid of, rather than washing with a solution, make it into a paste around the texture of single cream and spread it all over the frige and leave it for a couple of hours before cleaning off that usually does the trick. Bas.

Archived