This isn't right.

Wirehaired

Sad, is it not, that we can see, plain as day, quite a serious crime being commited (attempted fraud of £8,000) yet we all also know that there is negligible chance of this crime being investigated, let alone prosecuted, nor of any deterent action being taken to discourage the perpetrator from doing it again and again.

I don't know whether the Police do anything if a crime is not reported. I did a quick search for similar vans and there were about a dozen that came up priced in excess of £20k so I can't see anyone falling for this scam if they do their research.

In my experience, the Police will pursue cases of fraud although for now, perhaps they have better things to do than pursue cases which could easily be avoided.

Like Stuart, I am frustrated that this goes on unchecked. Is it up to eBay to look after its customers and to 'police' its website? If so, until they get better at it, I will continue to avoid e-Bay and Gumtree which seems to be worse.

What's that phrase " a fool and his money are easily parted" Unfortunately there are people out there to ready to part with their money if they think they are getting a bargain.

I hope you have all reported it to eBay, I have, hopefully it will get taken down soon.

Brambles - 2015-01-17 7:38 PM

I like the picture of the Motorhome engine -- looks like a porsche engine

it's obviously not from the same vehicle. Wonder if Elite know about this ? do they know some-one is 'undercutting them' for this van ? *-) Ray

lennyhb - 2015-01-17 6:38 PM

What's that phrase " a fool and his money are easily parted" Unfortunately there are people out there to ready to part with their money if they think they are getting a bargain.

I hope you have all reported it to eBay, I have, hopefully it will get taken down soon.

I have also reported along with a few other of his listings.

• 2 weeks later...
You'd be surprised how many people think it's a one off bargain. The " seller " emails giving some reason why it's so cheap ie. Divorcing , moving abroad suddenly , got ill suddenly. Gullible people are then talked into giving a small deposit , say £250 to secure. Not bad when they can do it several times a shot.

Archived