sargent ec500 power control system

rockcar

Hi

We have a 2012 autotrail Cherokee which has been parked up for 3 months and the control panel display isn't working. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem.Any tips or advise would be most welcome as we are off spain next week{HOPEFULLY}

rockcar - 2015-01-17 6:40 PM

Hi

We have a 2012 autotrail Cherokee which has been parked up for 3 months and the control panel display isn't working. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem.Any tips or advise would be most welcome as we are off spain next week{HOPEFULLY}

Hi

Can you or do you have it on a mains hook up ? Did you use the main power shut down button (the black button o the furthest left} on the EC500 ?

Have you checked the battery voltage of both the vehicle and habitation batteries ?

If you can answer these first then we can offer some more assistance.

Alan

I agree with Alan, if you haven't checked it for 3 months then it will almost certainly have 2 flat batteries by now. Get a volt meter and check both battery voltages and let us know the readings.

If they have been left flat for that length of time it will probably be safest to remove them from the MH and bench charge them with a stand alone charger. trying to charge them from flat with the MH power supply may damage it. Even then they may not successfully recharge.

Keith.

Thank you for replying,but both batteries seem fine.The van started first time on the key, I did not use the black button on the control box,at the moment the van is connected to the mains hook up.Everything else seems to be working a ok apart from the screen on the ec500 power supply system.Any more thoughts would be welcome,

Just because the van started does not mean that the leisure battery is any good, only the engine battery. If you have run the engine with a totally flat leisure battery this could have blown a fuse on the charging circuit. Do you have a voltage reading for the leisure battery please?

Next, if the leisure battery is good, Sargent Electrical, the manufacturer of the panel and PSU, used to suggest unplugging the control panel to reset it if things went awry.

You remove the trim by hooking your fingers under the top edge and lifting gently, this will expose 2 screws holding the panel in place. Once the panel is loose check everything is turned off then unplug the panel, wait a few seconds then put the plug back in and hope for the best.

If this doesn't work next suggestion would be to contact Sargent Electrical on Monday morning Link.

Keith.

Try taking the panel trim off the screen , then uncouple the live feed and reconnect to reboot usually works or take out the 12v fuse from the fuse box and put it back in this should do the same . Works for me .

sorry keith bet me to it but it should work good luck .

rockcar - 2015-01-17 9:22 PM

Thank you for replying,but both batteries seem fine.The van started first time on the key, I did not use the black button on the control box,at the moment the van is connected to the mains hook up.Everything else seems to be working a ok apart from the screen on the ec500 power supply system.Any more thoughts would be welcome,

Another simple thing you can try is to switch the EC500 main control system off by pushing the black button, wait at least 30 seconds and then activate the black button again. See if that then 'unlocks' the EC480 panel over the door.

Alan

Archived