Missing Cat at York

rosie beckford

Hi there. I hope you can help me. My loveable 17 year old long haired ginger cat, slipped off his collar and lead on Thursday 21st September whilst we were camping on the Racecourse at York for the Show. His name is Cosworth, looks alot like Garfield, and is actually agorophobic. He has been full-timing with us for the past two and a half years, and has travelled many thousands of miles in our Hobby. He never strays far from the motorhome, which is why his disappearance at York is so strange. Maybe he came up to your motorhome as he must have been very disorientated. If you caught sight of him, please do let me know, I miss him big-time and need to know that he is safe and well. Thanks for your help. Rosie B

How sad! Contact: the Police; Dog Warden; local Posties; kennels; vets; put out a message on York local radio and in the local press; pet shops; Pet Search; the camp venue and if possible local farms; the council pick up dead animals from the kerb side - sad but a possibility. Let us know!

No news yet for sure, but following press report, several sightings seen in the college area, which is just off the race course. Going back up this weekend to spend a couple of days searching. Heres hoping eh!!! Thanks for your kind comments, will of course let you know if the furry bundle should be found safe and well. Husband enjoying all my attention at the moment - but our motorhome is sad without Cosworth. Kind Regards Rosie

• 1 month later...
Rosie, Delighted to read in MMM that Cosworth has been found. I cried when I read your original post, and I cried again when I read that he had turned up at last. How did you find him? Was he OK? Our cat is also called Cosworth, and is an eleven year old Oriental Blue! We have been debating for a while whether to take him with us in the van and whilst your experience is worrying, it has not put us off altogether. We have tried him with a harness, which is fine, and he loves sleeping in the van when it is out on the drive. However, if we close the door, or even worse drive round the block, the howling he sets up has to be heard to be believed. He's very talkative anyway and we're not sure we could stand a long journey or a wet day with him shut in the van with us. I wish you and your Cosworth many happy days out.

Archived