Iveco throttle body - nick fisher

Hoeyboy

Hi I hoping to get in touch with nick fisher regarding a main dealer replacing the throttle body on my iveco 35s14.

I notice on a thread you spoke about replacing one of these and mention the possibility of bolts breaking, well guess what, the garage quoted me £760 incl a water temp sensor and the throttle body to be replaced, they then rang to say the bolts on the manifold had sheared and it was going to be an extra 4 hrs labour at their hourly rate mounting to £260, not sure if it's incl. vat?

Surely they would know the problems and pre warn people or do you think I should contest the extra labour as they had already given me the price to replace the part?

Sorry but I've been caught before and it seems that it's going to happen again.

I'd be grateful for your input to the situation Nick

Regards kevin

Hoeyboy - 2015-01-19 5:05 PM

Hi I hoping to get in touch with nick fisher

Regards kevin

Try sending him a PM and ask him to contact you directly, possibly include an email address otr phone number. He will receive an email informing him he has a PM waiting to be read.

Hoeyboy - 2015-01-19 5:05 PM

Hi I hoping to get in touch with nick fisher regarding a main dealer replacing the throttle body on my iveco 35s14.

I notice on a thread you spoke about replacing one of these and mention the possibility of bolts breaking, well guess what, the garage quoted me £760 incl a water temp sensor and the throttle body to be replaced, they then rang to say the bolts on the manifold had sheared and it was going to be an extra 4 hrs labour at their hourly rate mounting to £260, not sure if it's incl. vat?

Surely they would know the problems and pre warn people or do you think I should contest the extra labour as they had already given me the price to replace the part?

Sorry but I've been caught before and it seems that it's going to happen again.

I'd be grateful for your input to the situation Nick

Regards kevin

If this is the post, http://tinyurl.com/po5jlua having read the machinations involved, and until Nick responds himself, I don't think you really have much of an argument with the garage. It would have been "nice" of them to advise that siezed bolts breaking was a risk, but even if they had the bill would have been about the same.

The problem with what you are implying is that they would then have either to absorb the cost of unforeseen (though not perhaps totally unforeseeable) events, or build the cost into every similar job they do. At least this way you are only being asked to pay for what needs to be done, which, overall, is fairer IMO than paying an inflated price in case it needed doing, but with no refund if it didn't. Sorry, and I do sympathise, but I think you are the victim of bad luck. It is your vehicle, and the risk lies in the vehicle.

Archived