Camping club then insurance?

MaureenHB

Had Enough - 2015-01-20 11:34 PM

StuartO - 2015-01-20 7:52 PM

My apologies for winding HadEnough up about CC. Not intended but clearly it would not be appropriate to continue on this Thread.

I'll translate that for everyone: "My ludicrous and very silly arguments about the CC have been shot to pieces, so I'll try to withdraw with as much dignity as possible." :D

And translating HadEnough's assertion "My capacity for comprehension, insight and rational argument are limited by my arrogance and bigotry, so I shout louder and longer, even when its not relevant to the thread, and resort to crude insult, extrapolation ad absurdum and hyperbole instead when I cannot otherwise carry the argument".

That's my last word on this Thread, but I will start another one on this side topic called "caravan Club Governance", where we can explore the subject in more detail.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Had Enough
StuartO - 2015-01-21 9:04 AM

Had Enough - 2015-01-20 11:34 PM

StuartO - 2015-01-20 7:52 PM

My apologies for winding HadEnough up about CC. Not intended but clearly it would not be appropriate to continue on this Thread.

I'll translate that for everyone: "My ludicrous and very silly arguments about the CC have been shot to pieces, so I'll try to withdraw with as much dignity as possible." :D

And translating HadEnough's assertion "My capacity for comprehension, insight and rational argument are limited by my arrogance and bigotry, so I shout louder and longer, even when its not relevant to the thread, and resort to crude insult, extrapolation ad absurdum and hyperbole instead when I cannot otherwise carry the argument".

That's my last word on this Thread, but I will start another one on this side topic called "caravan Club Governance", where we can explore the subject in more detail.

You really would have been better to try to retire with a little dignity rather than resorting to crude insults in an attempt to divert attention from the fact that some of your assertions have been shown to be based on nothing more than your ignorant prejudices.

Where shall I start? You don't even know whether the chief executive is a man or a woman.

You claim that the CC has a monopoly when it has only two hundred sites. There are probably more than two hundred sites in the West Country alone!

You claim that it doesn't do enough for its members but then criticise it for not opening up its CLs to non-members who haven't paid an annual fee, thus depriving CC members (who have paid an annual fee) of using CLs.

You keep banging on about people who are expelled from the CC by unaccountable jobsworths. Have you any evidence of this?

To repeat, your arguments are based on ignorant prejudice and if you could back them up you'd do so as you've shown in your short time on here that you've no problem yourself in pushing your own views on us.

So, instead of hurling bullying insults, why not try defending your views with some facts? Why not try explaining how opening up CLs to non-members would benefit paying members?

Why not tell us about all those members who have had membership withdrawn on the whim of some clerk in head office?

Please don't run away and sulk, give us some rational explanations for your assertions.

Well no one could complain about you "pushing" your views on anyone could they. ;-) :D

I think I may join the CC club.........isn't that "the friendly one"

Or for the OP depending on what their age is checking out the CCC as it offers a good discount if of a certain age.......err well it used to.

Guest Had Enough
Joe90 - 2015-01-21 10:31 AM

Well no one could complain about you "pushing" your views on anyone could they. ;-) :D

Nor you of course. Read some of yours about motorhoming in the UK.

But what I don't do is pop into threads such as this in order to make a snide little attack on someone. That is your speciality. You're a very sad troll troll.

Had Enough - 2015-01-21 10:38 AM

Nor you of course. Read some of yours about motorhoming in the UK.

But what I don't do is pop into threads such as this in order to make a snide little attack on someone. That is your speciality. You're a very sad troll troll.

And of course you're never guilty of that.. :D

Simular to comment from Rod, Graham and others. It is difficult to understand why a hospitable country such as the UK can't accommodate campers in a way that so many other European countries do. Campings in the UK are expensive, compared to countries such as France or Germany. It certainly stops us from visiting the UK. Dommage!

Noël - Belgium

Or for the OP depending on what their age is checking out the CCC as it offers a good discount if of a certain age.......err well it used to.

They still do, but to get it you have to be a member for 25 years and over 65.

I qualify this year, (get me state pension in a few months) we have stayed members as they run the Forestry Commission sites & we often go to the New Forest, don;t do much other camping in the UK. Their wardens are quite friendly as well, more than you can say for the CC.

Well (lol) WE used to get the discount there was no rule about being a member for 25 years! we were ! but not continuous, they used to joke and say "are you a recycled teenager"

If that is true I think its rubbish !! wont be going back there then ;-) as for friendly ?? I once took the sticker off the rear window and binned it!! people are the same wherever you go some friendly and some a pain in the aspic!!

As I said in my earlier posts, "Whichever forum you go on and ask about the various clubs, you will get a call to arms by the various combatants."

I doubt Maureen would get such insightful comments from other forums. Focus on the posts that answer the questions and ignore the teasing that goes on between long established members. Forum works well on that basis.

God you three, Had Enough,Joe90,Stuart O can't you give it a rest ? The Lady was asking about Insurance and Clubs , and suggestions Not a Diatribe of Likes and dislikes of you three. Who then go to argue amongst yourselves, adding nothing to the ladies requirements at all, and generally confirming that we are all a bunch of silly kids. *-)

my addition to the original question : IF you intend to be away from Home for more than 30 days, make sure that your House insurance covers your Abscence (many don't) this is a + for the Clubs,as both offer House insurance that covers upto 120 days away. Ray

Rayjsj - 2015-01-22 2:25 PM

God you three, Had Enough,Joe90,Stuart O can't you give it a rest ? The Lady was asking about Insurance and Clubs , and suggestions Not a Diatribe of Likes and dislikes of you three. Who then go to argue amongst yourselves, adding nothing to the ladies requirements at all, and generally confirming that we are all a bunch of silly kids. *-)

my addition to the original question : IF you intend to be away from Home for more than 30 days, make sure that your House insurance covers your Abscence (many don't) this is a + for the Clubs,as both offer House insurance that covers upto 120 days away. Ray

My fourth post in the thread was thus below,....................before the usual suspect took exception to it's content and started kicking off, I also later suggested the CCC club for it's older folks discounts. But I take on board the thrust of your comments, I'll try harder not to rise to the obvious bating.

Safeguard, fully comp, and full european recovery £266 last year, there are many independent sites in the UK without needing to join a "club" , as for CLs, the vast majority are grass and totally unsuitable for vehicles upwards of 3.5 ton unless getting stuck is anyones idea of a fun time make sure you seek out ones with hard standing which a few and far between should you decide to join either "club

Considering the OP hasn't posted since, we may all be talking to ourselves in any event.

Guest Had Enough
Joe90 - 2015-01-22 2:43 PM

My fourth post in the thread was thus below,....................before the usual suspect took exception to it's content and started kicking off, I also later suggested the CCC club for it's older folks discounts. But I take on board the thrust of your comments, I'll try harder not to rise to the obvious bating.

Safeguard, fully comp, and full european recovery £266 last year, there are many independent sites in the UK without needing to join a "club" , as for CLs, the vast majority are grass and totally unsuitable for vehicles upwards of 3.5 ton unless getting stuck is anyones idea of a fun time make sure you seek out ones with hard standing which a few and far between should you decide to join either "club

And I wrote a perfectly sensible response to that post but you couldn't resist yet another snide little poke a bit later, when you wrote this:

"1482 views for "ever got stuck in the mud" perhaps the majority getting stuck at CLs / CSs"

Once more you couldn't resist a snide and sneering attack just because I and others had suggested that the OP try joining the CC for a year.

That post was typical of the nasty little interjections that you make in many threads in your effort to stir things up.

I'd given on up on this thread but again, you couldn't resist yet another nasty little poke could you?

No one does more 'obvious baiting' than you. And there, I've shown you how to spell baiting as well!

Guest Had Enough
lennyhb - 2015-01-21 11:59 AM

I qualify this year, (get me state pension in a few months) we have stayed members as they run the Forestry Commission sites & we often go to the New Forest, don;t do much other camping in the UK. Their wardens are quite friendly as well, more than you can say for the CC.

I'd decided to ignore you this time but as I'm back in this thread again I have to ask you: Why do you feel the need to do this? Why do you lie and lie and accuse all CC wardens of being, in your own words, little Hitlers, unfriendly and worst of all, despicable?

I have to tell you that I have never met a warden,CC or otherwise, who is as unpleasant, insulting and thoroughly nasty as you are.

All British motorhome dealers are greedy, Britain is a horrible place that you can't wait to escape from, CC wardens are (every one of them) despicable and unfriendly.

If you were to stop to think, you may well work out why people that you are dealing with become defensive and unpleasant, because if you behave with them how you behave on here, no could blame them.

Why do you do it, time after time?

pepe63 - 2015-01-22 3:39 PM

Had Enough - 2015-01-22 3:10 PM

Oow!...I think I know this one!,..ask me ...ask me!... (lol) ...

*cough* Could it be because Lenny is having a punt at getting a rise out of you HE?... ;-)

(Do I get a star? (lol) )

:D :D :D :D :D :D

Guest Had Enough
pepe63 - 2015-01-22 3:39 PM

Had Enough - 2015-01-22 3:10 PM

Oow!...I think I know this one!,..ask me ...ask me!... (lol) ...

*cough* Could it be because Lenny is having a punt at getting a rise out of you HE?... ;-)

(Do I get a star? (lol) )

No, I don't think that's the reason as he made this type of comment well before I got involved with him.

But let's assume that you're right and that he doesn't really dislike CC wardens for instance and only makes these nasty comments to goad me and stir up trouble.

If that's the case then I think that my point is proven beyond doubt, that he's a thoroughly nasty piece of work who takes pleasure in causing trouble. and stirring up argument.

It's a pity that he has this dreadful character flaw as, when he's not trying to foment argument, he can be helpful, but his underlying character is one of a very unpleasant individual, and that's a side of him that he can't control, as we see time after time.

Guest Had Enough
Joe90 - 2015-01-22 3:29 PM

Well Ray, at least thats added another couple of very helpful posts for the OP. ;-) The Chicken or the Egg, always a mystery.

Actually, I would have ignored Ray's post as this thread was dead and was slipping down the rankings and I'm sorry that he felt the need to resurrect it.

You however couldn't resist trying to justify your behaviour and convince anyone too idle to actually read the thread from the beginning that none of it was your fault.

It started because you simply couldn't resist finding something derogatory to say about the CC, something that was, as usual, a complete exaggeration of the real facts. Thousands of people use CLs every year and a tiny percentage may become stuck. But being stuck on a CL is usually not a problem as there's often a helpful farmer to pull you out, which is not the case in most of the locations mentioned in the 'Stuck in the mud' thread, none of which were CLs as I remember.

I suggested the OP didn't necessarily have to join a club to enjoy her new motorhome, you took exception to that, end of.

As for finding something derogatory to say about the CC, where exactly did I say that. ?

Oh I remember, pointing out to a newby that the majority of the CL network is on grass, and they may get stuck with a 3.5 ton vehicle, and advising them to look for ones with a hard standing, is that really derogatory.

Archived