Camping club then insurance?

MaureenHB

MaureenHB - 2015-01-20 9:35 AM

New (to us) van arriving shortly, excited! Wondering if it is best to join c&c club first and use their insurance or use different insurance firm? Any recommendations?

Well there you are MaureenHB, Some information, and a lot of 'cat fighting' from the 'usual suspects'.

it's no wonder that really useful folk like Dave Newell, George Collings,Nick Fisher, Clive Mott-Gotobed Etc., No longer post on this forum, at least not very often, as the posts always descend into bickering through the Forum. A suggestion, If you really want to argue with someone, send them a PM or even Phone them up, and have a REAL ding dong. New comers, hardly even get welcomed, before the bickering starts. Shame, as there is a wealth of information we can all share, as long as we can hold back on the personal slurs . And If I want to answer an OP's question I will, whether other posters think that the thread should have 'died' or not.

Ray

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

I really think at this stage that the question of joinong a club and insuring the vehicle should be kept as separate issues, meaning simply that even if you are a member of say the C.C it does not mean their Insurance Cover is best for you. It is possible to get a quote from these organizations based on members premium and on non-members premium.[ even if it was mandatory you had to be a member it shouldnt be too hard to get an idea of the discount] I am a member of 2 clubs but am not insured by either ,however I still enjoy being a member of a club agreeing with previous posts that I feel the sites are good. I would shop around and get the best policy for yourself and your needs. If this is through one of the clubs s and you fancy joining then go ahead. Sooner have the policy I want than the one the club/s provide.

cheers and good luck

derek

Well! Thank you for all the helpful posts, and sorry to have opened up such a can of worms! I really have a lot of research to do, it's all an exciting learning curve for me and my hubby and we are glad of any advice. Have begun shopping around for quotes, van is not yet in our sweaty little paws but will be soon. Will keep you all posted.

Thanks all.

Rayjsj - 2015-01-23 12:45 AM

MaureenHB - 2015-01-20 9:35 AM

New (to us) van arriving shortly, excited! Wondering if it is best to join c&c club first and use their insurance or use different insurance firm? Any recommendations?

Well there you are MaureenHB, Some information, and a lot of 'cat fighting' from the 'usual suspects'.

it's no wonder that really useful folk like Dave Newell, George Collings,Nick Fisher, Clive Mott-Gotobed Etc., No longer post on this forum, at least not very often, as the posts always descend into bickering through the Forum. A suggestion, If you really want to argue with someone, send them a PM or even Phone them up, and have a REAL ding dong. New comers, hardly even get welcomed, before the bickering starts. Shame, as there is a wealth of information we can all share, as long as we can hold back on the personal slurs . And If I want to answer an OP's question I will, whether other posters think that the thread should have 'died' or not.

Ray

Can I second this ? I'm sick of the childish banter that goes on here that doesn't impress me at all .

maggyd - 2015-01-23 10:03 PM

...I'm sick of the childish banter that goes on here that doesn't impress me at all .

But what do you suggest be done about it?

The main offenders have all been ‘banned’ from this forum in the past (in one case several times) but this didn’t stop them from resurrecting themselves under a new user name and continuing exactly as before.

There’s no likelihood of things changing in future, so I’m afraid the choice is either to cease to participate on this forum or grit your teeth and continue to be unimpressed by their behaviour.

That's the problem Derek :-S once it all kicks off I go off usually onto another thread ! as has been said others have gone to pastures new, but it is a shame that these people cant grow up and keep their mouths shut unless they have something helpful to say.

maggyd - 2015-01-24 2:32 PM

That's the problem Derek :-S once it all kicks off I go off usually onto another thread ! as has been said others have gone to pastures new, but it is a shame that these people cant grow up and keep their mouths shut unless they have something helpful to say.

How very true! I think if I'd been banned, I'd be so shamefaced I wouldn't have the brass gall to re-invent myself and stage an unwelcome comeback. Now, that may mean I have the psychological problem, but I somehow don't think so. It just seems to be an addiction they can't break, though goodness knows why, or what they get from it. As they say, there's nowt so queer as folk!

Brian Kirby - 2015-01-24 7:02 PM

maggyd - 2015-01-24 2:32 PM

How very true! I think if I'd been banned, I'd be so shamefaced I wouldn't have the brass gall to re-invent myself and stage an unwelcome comeback. Now, that may mean I have the psychological problem, but I somehow don't think so. It just seems to be an addiction they can't break, though goodness knows why, or what they get from it. As they say, there's nowt so queer as folk!

Very well put Brian, could not agree more. Yes in the past we have been drawn into exchanges with one or two of these individuals but now think best way is to ignore their posts as all they appear to want to achieve is discord and argument.

Archived