water ingress autotrail

rockcar

Hi , this seems to be a problem that autotrails get , i had water ingress through the seal around the small heki over the shower in my savannah , i had to wait for dry weather before i could sort it with new sealer etc you need to have a look up top and see wher it could possibly be coming in , theres usually a suspect seal on a heki or fitting such as satalite dish or ariel , trouble is its got to be dry for you to see it , if you search around this forum youll find plenty of people with the same problems , search back for leaking autotrail help and advice please and have a read .

It will still be under the manufacturers warranty. If you bought it second hand from a dealer did he transfer the balance of the outstanding warranty to you. If you bought it privately did the previous owner transfer it? The repair should be carried out by the dealer or an appointed approved workshop at no cost to you.

Not a great deal of information to go on - So, what is the basis/evidence of your assumption?

Furthest lockers aft - could well be a cold bridge, and a variation in substrate and/or material thickness.

So ironically, this could well be a case of condensation.......although poor design will have attributed to either the ingress or condensation.

I suggest you heat/ventilate/dehumidify the van to confirm that you actually do have ingress.

A lot will depend on how you lay up the van during the winter, even for short periods.......

As long as the previous years keepers have kept to the habitation service schedule which maintains the warranty it will still be covered under said warranty.  If the hab services have not been done..........back to the supplying dealer, assuming it was dealer sourced, to sort it for you.

Archived