Windscreen Covers

Ninian

We have interior Silverscreens which are excellent at keeping out the cold but condensation forms on the windscreen also they cut down a lot of light in the front of our motorhome so I would go for the fold down exterior type.

Ninian - 2015-01-25 12:26 PM

Hi, Whose are best, Taylormade or Silverscreens. Fold down type. Views please.

Thanks.

Having had one of each manufacturers, one that came with our present van, and one that we had previously bought for another van they seemed pretty much the same, only one however had a fold down front, couldn't really see much difference in either as far as quality was concerned, and to be honest rarely used either, we sold the front fold down one on Ebay as in use we always took the screen off during daylight hours, and kept the non fold down one, for very occasional use.

We have Silver screens excellent, make a big difference to cab heat, no condensation at all. Have tried interior screens but not good leaves sticky marks on screen. However if need to replace will look at Taylor made as they are slightly longer, going over the rain channel, which I feel is an advantage.

We were lucky to come across these external blinds.

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/fourseasonsscreenpage.htm

Made by Heideman Germany.

They are excellent all round, easy to fit and do all they need to, keep us warm/cool as appropriate, No condensation and best of all they are very light and easy to store away.

We have had ours for five years and we use it for over 120 nights each year and is starting to show signs of wear but at the price they are worth it.

MrWoo - 2015-01-25 12:43 PMWe have interior Silverscreens which are excellent at keeping out the cold but condensation forms on the windscreen also they cut down a lot of light in the front of our motorhome so I would go for the fold down exterior type.

I think you are confused with 'looks' as opposed to trade names.  Silverscreens is a makers name and they do not make internal screen covers. 

We had internal screens supplied with our MH from new.  They lasted about 2 months before we car booted them in preference for Silverscreens outer cover.  Before with internal, sucker stick on rubbish we had massive condensation issues.  With Silverscreens outer cover no more condensation and heat retention is enhanced.   So for us it's Silverscreens all the way.

If you are planning to use your motorhome in the winter then an exterior screen is vital as condensation is your greatest enemy - you must stop your screen from getting cold in the first place and interior screen just won't do that, in the morning you'll part your interior blinds and there you'll find the condensation waiting for you to deal with.

I've got Silverscreen

Archived