Rodents

Will86

Will85 - 2015-01-25 4:19 PM

My next door neighbour has recently bought a 'new car. Chewed electrical cables have just cost him £600 !

Will

So why do you feel so smug - it might be your motorhome next, then how would you like it ?

Guest Peter James
AlanS - 2015-01-25 5:54 PM

Will85 - 2015-01-25 4:19 PM

My next door neighbour has recently bought a 'new car. Chewed electrical cables have just cost him £600 !

Will

So why do you feel so smug - it might be your motorhome next, then how would you like it ?

Why do you think he is smug?

I see no sign of that. But then I don't assume the worst in everybody.

Last year we had mice eat the screen wash pipes and bonnet insulation whilst the van was in storage. Since then we have moved to a storage bay away from the fields and I put four mouse traps in two under the bonnet and two in lockers. I killed five or six mice and have not had any infestations since but I still put traps down as If I had not checked under bonnet when I did I would not like to think what damage they would have done.

I don't think the original post was smug, just warning of a potential problem with mice.

Use either a mains or battery operated electronic. Rodent repeller both are good we keep our van on hook up at home so use a mains one friends keep their van on a farm storage site they previously had mice problems but now use the battery version

Alf

I find that traps baited with peanut butter work best Whatever it was damaged items in the garage as well over night.

Regarding the car, the lady works at a school and parks near trees so I reckon she carried the rodent home, possibly a squirrel.

Guest pelmetman
We had mice/mouse just before we left, put down traps didn't catch any, still in the van at Christmas *-) ................Finally moved out around Bordeaux ;-) ................

2012 was the year of the mouse for us, a few thousand miles of intermittent engine problems before it was solved. I now know of several x250 motorhome owners who have had mice in the filter housing, have now fitted mesh over the inlet on cross member.

Also last November we found a dormouse hibernating in a toilet roll in the washroom cupboard, this is much more difficult to find how it got in. It's possible that it sneaked in whilst the doors where left open, the only other explanation would be the gaps left between corrugated steel floor and conversion floor where the gas dropouts are cut, which reminds me I was going to silkaflex an extra layer of mesh to the outside of these holes.

Archived