Pet travel on Eurotunnel

Den

I thought Eurotunnel had reduced the Dog fare from £30 to £15 then it jumped to £16.

I understood this was for the return, and not for each way.

My brother is going in June and we were talking of the prices incl his 2 dogs. He was looking at a flexible return, but it was cheaper to buy the Frequent traveler.

I have to say they are very clever, why do we pay to take them when the dogs ect are only checked inbound. I like many thought they had cut the cost to £15/£16 and that was it.

I've not taken ours the last couple of times but are in June.

Its for paying the staff to scan them and check their passport :-S yes its a rip off but we pay for two ! its a waste of time complaining ! it will never go down! what does these days. It s O.K if you have a few Tesco vouchers to cover it !! but we have never had enough.

maggyd - 2015-01-28 12:33 PM

Its for paying the staff to scan them and check their passport :-S yes its a rip off but we pay for two ! its a waste of time complaining ! it will never go down! what does these days. It s O.K if you have a few Tesco vouchers to cover it !! but we have never had enough.

It is also an "insurance" premium for Eurotunnel. If one of their staff allows an animal into the UK that should have been refused, DEFRA hold the carrier responsible and subject to legal action and a substantial fine. Which would be paid by the premium, gedit? Simples

Tesco vouchers cannot be exchanged for pet travel.

Archived