Sigma alarm

Willbill

Hi , looking back through the previous posts everybody but a few privileged people have an alarm but no information, I am in the same boat and would welcome a sight of the manual if possible. Failing that could anyone tell me if the alarm is " approved" by the insurance company s trying to persuade Swintons or Safeguard in Leeds that I have an alarm and that I am entitled to a discount on my premium has met with the request to send details of which I have none other than I know it's there and I have a key fob with the two buttons and the C€ mark Sigma AC111 . I haven't traced the button in the cab yet, I will go and try.

I bought the van a year ago with this lack of information. I have tried ringing Brownhills and although helpful in telling me that their organisation had fitted the system in a site in Wales when the van was new they could not give me any further information because of the DATA Protection Act. They also said that the site in Wales had closed, they had " lost" their records in 2008 and could not help Mr further. I tried. sigma also closed down.

Please if anyone has a manual for a Sigma alarm and would be prepared to photocopy and send me a copy I would obviously be prepared to compensate you financially , who know it could be the start of a new career my contact details are telephone 01202 872239 or mobile no 07578180782 thanks in anticipation.

The Data protection Act is a red herring

Gordon Blakey

Don't know about Sigma closing down but they are still available from Scorpion Alarms and you can download manual from them, eg.

http://www.scorpionauto.com/PDF/S30.pdf

http://www.scorpionauto.com/home/productsearch?search=sigma

the key fob you have was supplied with S1, S4, S30 and S34 alarms

http://www.scorpionauto.com/home/products/SIGAC111

I have a Sigma alarm and am insured with Safeguard. They give me 10% discount and just list it as Thatcham Cat 1 alarm-Sigma-maybe you could just tell them it's a cat 1?

My alarm fob has just 1 button but does like yours have Type AC111 on it- this also operates the central locking automatically. I also have a keypad on the top r/h windscreen which looks a bit like a phone keypad

Hope this helps.

Mike

Willbill - 2015-01-31 2:31 PM

Hi , looking back through the previous posts everybody but a few privileged people have an alarm but no information, I am in the same boat and would welcome a sight of the manual if possible. Failing that could anyone tell me if the alarm is " approved" by the insurance company s trying to persuade Swintons or Safeguard in Leeds that I have an alarm and that I am entitled to a discount on my premium has met with the request to send details of which I have none other than I know it's there and I have a key fob with the two buttons and the C€ mark Sigma AC111 . I haven't traced the button in the cab yet, I will go and try.

I bought the van a year ago with this lack of information. I have tried ringing Brownhills and although helpful in telling me that their organisation had fitted the system in a site in Wales when the van was new they could not give me any further information because of the DATA Protection Act. They also said that the site in Wales had closed, they had " lost" their records in 2008 and could not help Mr further. I tried. sigma also closed down.

Please if anyone has a manual for a Sigma alarm and would be prepared to photocopy and send me a copy I would obviously be prepared to compensate you financially , who know it could be the start of a new career my contact details are telephone 01202 872239 or mobile no 07578180782 thanks in anticipation.

The Data protection Act is a red herring

Gordon Blakey

Hi Gordon

I have the Sigma Alarm and it is a Thatcham Cat 2 to 1 upgrade approved alarm. Base vehicles usually come with Cat 2 as standard, i.e. engine immobiliser and the way to get a Thatcham Cat 1 system is to have the 2 to 1 upgrade. Sigma S34 system is the one with either a 1 or a 2 button fob and consists of usually door / locker contacts, ultrasonic interior alarms and a keypad ( we have the keypad but some class it as an extra).

As I said it is approved by Thatcham and is on its list of Approved alarms for various vehicles on page 45 of the Thatcham list that I hopefully will link to with this http://www.thatcham.org/files/pdf/compliance.pdf

Sigma is definitely in business and is part of the Scorpion group including Toad Security, Sterling etc. They used to do an S30 system but is now not approved by Thatcham and the S34 superseded it.

If you want I will try to scan my manual (the booklet is only A6 size but has 30 pages of quite small text but is full of information, so much so it makes your mind blur on first reading it !). If you PM me I will see what I can do.

Alan

Mike B. - 2015-01-31 4:11 PM

I have a Sigma alarm and am insured with Safeguard. They give me 10% discount and just list it as Thatcham Cat 1 alarm-Sigma-maybe you could just tell them it's a cat 1?

My alarm fob has just 1 button but does like yours have Type AC111 on it- this also operates the central locking automatically. I also have a keypad on the top r/h windscreen which looks a bit like a phone keypad

Hope this helps.

Mike

That sounds the same as ours . Ours is a Signa S34 Alarm. We do have operating instructions for it

PJay

I have also recently purchased a van with a sigma alarm. It has the one button type fob which also operates the central locking. We have no keypad or information on the alarm and dont know what model it is or even where it is fitted. I have checked it out and all seems to be working. My question is how do i turn off the internal sensors for when dogs/us are ln van and the alarm is set. I have previously owned a van with a Sigma 2 button fob and could turn internal sensors off with that. all answers/info on this basic alarm would be appreciated

camperadi - 2015-02-01 9:16 PM

I have also recently purchased a van with a sigma alarm. It has the one button type fob which also operates the central locking. We have no keypad or information on the alarm and dont know what model it is or even where it is fitted. I have checked it out and all seems to be working. My question is how do i turn off the internal sensors for when dogs/us are ln van and the alarm is set. I have previously owned a van with a Sigma 2 button fob and could turn internal sensors off with that. all answers/info on this basic alarm would be appreciated

Put the key in the ignition and turn on. Push the button on the fob twice. Turn ignition off and remove key.Vacate the motorhome and push the fob button once - this will operate the central locking and set the alarm system without the ultrasonic sensors.

We have the keypad too so we always do it via that instead of the fob button but the above is the way it is described in the manual.

When you return to the motorhome press the fob button once and the doors will open and alarm turned off and system resets. When you need to go out again you need to follow the same procedure.

Alan

Thanks Alan S i can now turn off internal sensors. What you said almost worked but with mine you have to lock van with ignition key fob then set alarm. So having annoyed neighbours again for 10 minutes its finally sorted. On my van if you lock the cab doors with the alarm fob it doesnt operate the dead locks. so i will now always lock cab doors with key fob to dead lock them, then use the alarm fob to set the alarm. My base vehicle is a 2009 Ford transit.

Archived