Rooflights Heki v. Remis

Brian Ratcliffe

[QUOTE]Brian Ratcliffe - 2006-10-05 11:22 AM The time has come to renew the rooflights on my aging Clubman and I am undecided which replacement to chose. Does anyone out there have any opinions for or against the above.[/QUOTE] Brian If you are considering the larger sun roof types. I have had both - If you go for a Heki, go for the 'Heki 3' as the 'Heki 1' is designed for Caravan use only and is apparently very nosiy on the road. I prefer the Remis as it sits more snugly on the roof. HTH

[QUOTE]Brian Ratcliffe - 2006-10-05 11:53 AM Many thanks Robin but I am only looking to replace 40cm square ones and am therefore looking at the Mini Heki.[/QUOTE] I have had one of those as well! It was on a Burstner and was fine. A bit difficult to reach to close it, so Burstner supplied a hook thingy that doubled up as a shoe horn!

[QUOTE]Brian Ratcliffe - 2006-10-05 11:53 AM Many thanks Robin but I am only looking to replace 40cm square ones and am therefore looking at the Mini Heki.[/QUOTE] I have had one of those as well! It was on a Burstner and was fine. A bit difficult to reach to close it, so Burstner supplied a hook thingy that doubled up as a shoe horn!

Hi Brian. At the moment i,ve got the larger sized electric Remis fitted to our van. I am not that impressed with it as it seems fragile compared to our previous Heki which was manual and had a far more solid feel to it. Even on the move with the bar locked in place it gave no cause to worry. With the Remis there is no provision for this and the support bars lack the strength for this option. May be its unfair to compare electric against manual but even with its limited use the rachet mechanism for raising has started to slip. Given the choice I have my old Heki back. Howard.

Archived