Adria 660 SP Thetford Toilet

PEEL1

I have a Thetford C-250 Cassette Toilet with a Thetford Automatic Ventilator which takes a Charcoaled Filled Filter. I am trying to locate a supplier, my local Thetford Supplier "Teesside Caravans" say that this item is not in their Catalogue. I have contacted Thetford direct on their marvellous web page 3 times but, still no replies.Please help, Thankyou :'(

andy mccord - 2015-02-04 12:06 PM

Sorry slight hijack

my coral also has what appears to be an outlet in the cassette housing under where the cassette sits, Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work if indeed its designed to extract odours?

TIA

Andy

Depends how it has been installed, the sprung loaded vent is standard on the newer cassettes. It allows the installer to couple it to either the Thetford vent system or a floor or roof extracting SOG system. My C400 is connected to a floor extracting SOG.

PEEL1 - 2015-02-03 7:34 PM

I have a Thetford C-250 Cassette Toilet with a Thetford Automatic Ventilator which takes a Charcoaled Filled Filter. I am trying to locate a supplier, my local Thetford Supplier "Teesside Caravans" say that this item is not in their Catalogue. I have contacted Thetford direct on their marvellous web page 3 times but, still no replies.Please help, Thankyou :'(

Not sure where you live but West Country Motorhomes at Lower Weare, Somerset, BS26 2JG has them at their service centre and spares shop - Tel 01934 732503.

Alan

PS Should have spotted you said 'Teeside Caravans' - doh !

andy mccord - 2015-02-04 12:06 PM

Sorry slight hijack

my coral also has what appears to be an outlet in the cassette housing under where the cassette sits, Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work if indeed its designed to extract odours?

TIA

Andy

When a Thetford toilet cassette is inserted into its locker a ‘vent valve’ in the cassette is automatically opened to deal with variations between the air-pressure in the locker and the pressure within the cassette. Pressure variations will occur due to altitude changes (eg. if a motorhome is driven from a valley into the mountains) and when waste in the cassette ‘ferments’. If there were no cassette venting, pressure could build up within the cassette making operation difficult or exciting (as unlucky users find out if the vent-valve sticks!)

The vent-valve fitted to the cassettes used on bench-style and swivel-bowl Thetford toilets up to the introduction of the C-250 models is opened by a mechanism in the cassette’s top. From the C-250 onwards the vent-valve opening mechanism is in the underside of the cassette. There’s a protruding outlet in the C-250 cassette’s underside and, when the cassette is inserted into its locker, this engages with a circular fitting in the cassette locker’s ‘floor’. When this happens the floor-mounted fitting causes the cassette’s vent-valve to open.

When the C-250’s underside outlet and the floor-mounted fitting are engaged no 'odour extraction' occurs. All that happens is that the pressure within the cassette and within the locker remain equalised. For odour extraction to take place (as lennyhb says) either a Thetford electric ventlator or a SOG ventilator would need to be fitted.

The Thetford C-400 bench-style toilet uses a similar type of pressure-release arrangement, with an outlet in the cassette’s underside and a locker floor-mounted fitting. As far as I’m aware Thetford do not market an electric ventilator for C-400 toilets, though SOG kits are available.

It’s perhaps worth saying that SOGing a C-400 is a good deal more complicated than SOGing earlier toilets. Installation advice is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOPG3tMKCQs

http://www.sognz.co.nz/sogii-c400-installation-instructions/

Archived