roundabout problems in UK with LHD van (or abroad in RHD van)

Tesseo 490

Guest Had Enough
Will85 - 2015-02-06 9:25 AM

HAD ENOUGH

Wonderful comment ...go to the top of the class.

Will

Thank you, I will. On the way I'll wave to you. I presume that you'll be the one in the corner wearing the dunce's cap?

Have you read the thread yet by the way and worked out where you went wrong and why your advice is pointless in respect of the OP's problem?

In your first post you had already suggested the correct way to approach a junction so I chose not to repeat it BUT if you had had a LH Drive notice on the rear it would have given anyone following a fair indication of why you were in that position. Similarly at other junctions.

So I suggest my comments were not so way off the mark but added to your first post made the junction situation more valid for those that were not aware of such a sign. These signs were common some years ago and served a very useful purpose.

Will

Guest Had Enough
Will85 - 2015-02-06 3:10 PM

In your first post you had already suggested the correct way to approach a junction so I chose not to repeat it BUT if you had had a LH Drive notice on the rear it would have given anyone following a fair indication of why you were in that position. Similarly at other junctions.

So I suggest my comments were not so way off the mark but added to your first post made the junction situation more valid for those that were not aware of such a sign. These signs were common some years ago and served a very useful purpose.

Will

But how does a sticker on the rear enable you to see a stretch of road that is invisible because you're sitting on the wrong side of the 'van for that country? And how does it help the vehicle bearing down on you that you can't see? That driver can't see the rear of your 'van.

Your comment has nothing whatsoever to do with the problem in hand and yet you imply that, because someone following is made more aware that you're in a wrong-handed vehicle, all the problems we were discussing will go away. That is nonsense and you clearly hadn't read or understood the thread.

You'd better keep the pointy hat on.

Just to remind you, you were answering this question, which you 'quoted' in your reply:

'Has anyone found a solution to the problem of roundabouts and Junctions when you are the blind side ie in the Uk in LHD van or RHD on the continent. Has anyone found a mirror configuration which gives you wide vision at a junction?.'

And your answer was a sticker on the back of the 'van. *-)

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-02-05 5:06 PM

This is a junction I had to negotiate when I had a spell driving buses when we first moved to Wales, a very oblique junction on to the A487, after doing that day after day anything else was a walk in the park, :D

Yo Joe you and me both B-) ............But at least in a bus you could open the doors and get a better view ;-) ..............I always found quoting the highway code that they should give way to buses saved me a lot of paperwork :D .............

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-02-06 4:58 PM

I used to send a passenger out, waving a red flag. ;-)

sometimes I'd let them get back on again as well :D

You let them back on 8-) ......................

I knew you were an old softy (lol) ..................

Archived