One for the ladies

Duncan MMM

As with many things in my life my motorhoming would be incomplete without my wife so why should the ladies be left out of the design process when they may have much to offer?

Looking at some of the recent innovations, design features and manufacturing processes in motorhomes does sometimes make me wonder just who is running the asylum so maybe the time is right for some input from a different perspective?

The female brain, as we all know but nobody really understands, works in very different ways to the male brain - not better or worse but different and just as valid - and the true value of women is grossly under valued in most aspects of industry and politics throughout the world so bring it on I say!!.

Duncan MMM - 2015-02-05 10:35 AM

What do you think about this:

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/Motorhomes/News/New-models/Hymer-trainees-create-the-Lady-Camper/_ch1_nw3827_pg1

A heart-warming story about Hymer management encouraging their female trainees, or an ill-judged trip back to the 70s with something straight out of a Benny Hill sketch?

... and why not.

Although increased / better storage space for jewellry sounds a bit bizarre - I hope they advise their insurance companies of the extra risk !

It would be sexist to suggest they fit an upside down map holder - so I won't.

;-)

pepe63 - 2015-02-05 12:18 PM

Hmmm?..."Hymer trainees create the Lady Camper"....

So presumably that'll be one where magically, the chemical loo never needs emptying...?...

coz, although I'm sure it must happen (musn't it?), I've yet to see a female empty one (lol)

..running away now........... :D

Well Pepe, I don't personally do ours. My jobs cooking/shopping/navigating, thats enough.(forgot, I have emptied it , usually when we get home, but not when away.)

BUt I have seen ladies doing it. Don't forget some travel alone, or with a female companion, or in one case, the man was in a wheel chair, most of the time, or walking with sticks.

Don't be sexist!1 We can do most things, as long (in my case) it's not too physical

PJay

My missus motorhomed with the kids and dog when I was incapacitated and so is quite happy doing the undesirable. As she says, cleaning up after children such as wiping bottoms and the toilet floor, and picking up the dog's droppings was a lot worse than emptying a cassette. To say nothing of what she thinks of my personal habits.

Dethleffs once involved both sexes in designing interiors and car manufacturers have done it for many years.

Makes absolute sense to use people, of whatever gender and age, to inform the design of products whether the motorhomes are targeted at the wider market or a specific market. Pity dogs cannot talk!

It's the dealers who might find it challenging.They tend to talk to the man about the technical aspects and money and ask the ladies choose the colours! And dogs have always been more welcomed than children at dealers I've visited.

Full marks to Hymer even if the media release is somewhat patronising.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to consult the people that actually use them either. Some of the stupid ideas that have been foisted on buyers shows that the designer clearly does not have a clue what is practical for everyday use.

pepe63 - 2015-02-05 12:18 PM

Hmmm?..."Hymer trainees create the Lady Camper"....

So presumably that'll be one where magically, the chemical loo never needs emptying...?...

coz, although I'm sure it must happen (musn't it?), I've yet to see a female empty one (lol)

It's always been my wife's job, I'm too squeamish ! We share every thing else tho'.

..running away now........... :D

Guest pelmetman

It's about time someone introduced a Motorhome called "Envy" for the shallow end of the market...........

Oh I forgot :D .............they already have (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

I definitely think that Women should design the kitchen in Motorhomes as current continental thinking is put a nice oblong hob one side and two sinks the other side and a coffee maker in the space thats left. Where are we supposed to prepare meals? We don't all want to eat food straight from packets - Oh we are supposed to sit at the table and do the prep! Silly me, what was I thinking, we take the fixed table out to make it easier to move about as we are not getting any younger :-D

Archived