Sog Mark 2 & Hymer B544

Valkman

Hi All,

Has anyone fitted a SOG version 2 to a 2012 model B544? I think I'm going to fit one (have one fitted?) given the positive feedback on SOG's. It's now more a question of which version. The mark 2 vents underneath the van instead of through the cassette toilet door. The issue is where do you put the filter housing. I think it could go in the bottom shelf area of the cupboard but would appreciate comments from those who have had one fitted.

Best wishes to all....

This picture, from the SOG website, shows a "Type F" kit in which the outlet pipe (below the green pump) simply disappears through the floor at an angle.

Maybe there is a filter box to be fitted too but I would have thought that was dispensible. Just drill the relevant sized hole at the relevant angle, making sure the pipe won;t obstruct removal of the casette, and seal the floor fitting in place with some silicone?

SOG.jpg.507cdf4d57f692c31f032b3e328bb60c.jpg

StuartO - 2015-02-06 2:33 PM

This picture, from the SOG website, shows a "Type F" kit in which the outlet pipe (below the green pump) simply disappears through the floor at an angle.

Maybe there is a filter box to be fitted too but I would have thought that was dispensible. Just drill the relevant sized hole at the relevant angle, making sure the pipe won;t obstruct removal of the casette, and seal the floor fitting in place with some silicone?

I have a Thetford 403L Cassette Toilet and there is insufficient space to fit the filter as shown in the pic. There is a full width locker running underneath the cassette housing , though you wouldn't want to obstruct access by placing the filter in there. I could perhaps drop the exhaust pipe through the floor into locker and then route the pipe to emerge elsewhere but cutting through and fixing would be difficult.

Might just go for the safe option of a door fixing.....

Valkman

As I said in this recent forum thread

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/Motorhomes/Motorhome-Matters/Adria-660-SP-Thetford-Toilet/37261/

fitting a SOG ventilation system to a Thetford C-400 toilet can be challenging.

Besides the links I provided in that thread, this one might also help

http://www.soguk.co.uk/product/sog-type-d-kit-for-thetford-c400-cassettes/

You’ll note from lennyhb’s comment within that discussion that his Exsis has a SOG-equipped C-400 toilet with a through-floor exhaust-outlet, but it’s very likely that the installation on his Hymer would not transfer to your B544 model.

I shall be in a similar position to you when my new Rapido 640 turns up. I plan to fit a SOG ventilator, but until I can inspect very carefully how Rapido has installed the toilet, and what’s practicable and what’s not, I’m not going to try to decide how best to approach the task.

As with your Hymer there’s no room to fit a SOG-2 filter within the Rapido’s cassette locker, and the position of the toilet in the vehicle means that opting for a door-mounted motor/filter should be the simplest approach. However, I’m not even sure that the Rapido’s locker has a sanitary liquids storage cavity within its base. I’m guessing it will have but, if not, SOGing the toilet may prove difficult.

Archived