Fly screen for sliding door

Bailey

I haven't used one, so can't comment on how good they are. In fact we haven't even got a van yet (still dreaming) but I've noticed that Shire Conversions advertise them as an option on their website. They might be prepared to sell or fit one if you enquire?

Hindermann also have them in their catalogue as Mosquito Nets. Quick google search comes up with

http://www.vancomfort.co.uk/MosquitoCurtains.htm

Bailey - 2015-02-08 12:22 PM

Does anyone know if there's a fly screen (removable preferably) available for a sliding door in a van conversion. I think removable would be the most practical as I wouldn't necessarily need it all the time particularly in Spring.

You don't say which van - really annoying to ask for help then not bother to say the van you have in mind. A common problem on this site so no offence meant. But this site here might help:

http://www.reimo.com/en/D-accessories_store/DU-windows_skylights/DUS-flyscreen_for_campervan/

I think to buy one costs around £ 300 I made ours from black mess bought online from Flyscrene Queen, I made overlapping panels hemmed and weighted the bottom, the top I hemmed and threaded on a extending pole I only use it now and again it rolls over the poll and fits under the bed.

Mike88 - 2015-02-08 5:17 PM

Bailey - 2015-02-08 12:22 PM

Does anyone know if there's a fly screen (removable preferably) available for a sliding door in a van conversion. I think removable would be the most practical as I wouldn't necessarily need it all the time particularly in Spring.

You don't say which van - really annoying to ask for help then not bother to say the van you have in mind. A common problem on this site so no offence meant. But this site here might help:

http://www.reimo.com/en/D-accessories_store/DU-windows_skylights/DUS-flyscreen_for_campervan/

Our one is on there.(or similar)

http://www.reimo.com/en/350466-fly_screen_horrex_for_sliding_door_height_1755mm/

Great bit of kit, but I think it's only available for LHD type SLD.

I f I may lower the tone ( and the price ) a little we had an unusually warm October in northern Spain and more flies than normal invaded our VW T5 campervan.

Whilst in yet another exciting Chinese Loja buying a lurid Christmas tree I spotted a domestic fly screen kit. This consists of a reel of Velcro hook tape and a considerable quantity of white netting. Euro 2.40.

Cut net to suit, apply tape around door frame, stick net to tape. Cheap but Effective.( Family motto.).

Now that we are suffering a cold spell here on the Costa Blanca the tape merely catches on my woolly hat and yanks it off my head when I leave the van. Nothing is perfect.

Colin.

I f I may lower the tone ( and the price ) a little we had an unusually warm October in northern Spain and more flies than normal invaded our VW T5 campervan.

Whilst in yet another exciting Chinese Loja buying a lurid Christmas tree I spotted a domestic fly screen kit. This consists of a reel of Velcro hook tape and a considerable quantity of white netting. Euro 2.40.

Cut net to suit, apply tape around door frame, stick net to tape. Cheap but Effective.( Family motto.).

Now that we are suffering a cold spell here on the Costa Blanca the tape merely catches on my woolly hat and yanks it off my head when I leave the van. Nothing is perfect.

Colin.

Colin.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Sorry Mike88, of course, should have mentioned the type of van. It's a Possl Roadcamp LHD. Thanks ColinB for the advice about the 'China' shops - they really are a treasure trove for stuff like that. I hope the weather improves for you so you can put away that wooly hat!! I'm not sure I'll go down the road of getting a sliding one fitted but all the suggestions of the netting on the curtain wire sound pretty good - so I think I'll go with that. I'll check out all the other links provided too though. Thanks again.

Rayjsj - 2015-02-15 11:15 AM

Surely a r/h one could be adapted for l/h use without too much hassle ? The tracks are the same .Bet they could, same with the 'soft close' door system. Just need slight adaption.

Don't think it's that easy, tracks are handed and so is the 'door', wouldn't say it's impossible but a lot of work to be done on an already expensive bit of kit, I would just go for one of the ones designed for UK SLD even if they aren't as convenient..

Archived