Trip Suggestion

jeffo

I am purchasing a new motorhome this weekend, which I am collecting from Waltham Abbey on Saturday.

I will be driving it back to home in Merseyside, and will have my family with me.

It is a short journey intending on arriving home Sunday evening. Can someone recommend a place to stop saturday night? and a place to visit on Sunday? that will sell my family on the joys of motorhome ownership?

thanks.

Hi

I suggest that you use the Hertford CCC site for Saturday night, then you will be able to test out the motorhome and still be close to the dealer should a problem arise.

It is a very nice site and is open all year.

I would have suggested Lee Valley site but it does not open until 1st March.

Joyce

Hi Jeffo

Welcome to the wonderful world of motorhomes! We are very jealous, there's no sensation like picking up a new motorhome. I would suggest that you come up the M6, M54 and head for Telford - the Ironbridge Gorge and the Severn Gorge Park TF7 4JB. Central location, added advantage being next to Dave Newall's (you don't get better than that!).

The 'hands-on' museums at Ironbridge have won umpteen museum prizes and would no doubt fascinate your children as much as yourself. The added advantage to this is, on the way home, head for Chester via the A41 which will give you a route to whichever part of Merseyside you live in.

Best of luck and happy travelling

Alan & Pat

alan - 2015-02-10 6:16 PM

Hi Jeffo

Welcome to the wonderful world of motorhomes! We are very jealous, there's no sensation like picking up a new motorhome. I would suggest that you come up the M6, M54 and head for Telford - the Ironbridge Gorge and the Severn Gorge Park TF7 4JB. Central location, added advantage being next to Dave Newall's (you don't get better than that!).

The 'hands-on' museums at Ironbridge have won umpteen museum prizes and would no doubt fascinate your children as much as yourself. The added advantage to this is, on the way home, head for Chester via the A41 which will give you a route to whichever part of Merseyside you live in.

Best of luck and happy travelling

Alan & Pat

Just to add to the above which I'd wholly agree with, is don't miss Blists Hill museum, it is fascinating and in the same area, plenty of parking for a motorhome don't miss some fish and chips cooked the way they used to be......and a pint in the pub and a sing song around the piano..

dunno about Dave Newalls though, I'd hope you wouldn't need his services for quite a while. ;-)

Hi Jeffo

Sorry, just noticed the Severn Gorge Park is adult only but still maybe worthwhile giving them a ring. However, try the Stanmore Hall Touring Park at Bridgenorth (not far from Ironbridge) at stanmore@morris-leisure.co.uk or tel:

01746 761761.

All the best

Alan

Actually it's a good point for your first night to be near the dealer. There's always something you miss on the handover, and DO make sure you get a thorough handover.

Check everything works, it's a long way back if something doesn't.

There are silly things like the heater dumping your water below 8C, switching on the taps on the control panel, will you get a hook up cable as part of the deal and what will the tyre pressures be set at?

I don't know that area, but some on here will.

.......and check that there is some gas in the bottles, and if there are bottles see if they give you the paperwork for them from Calor.

Should be a motorhome manual, in English, a base vehicle manual and service book. Manuals for fridge, cooker, heater, electrical appliance.

All easy to overlook in the excitement, until something doesn't work as it should.

Archived