Sheepskin seat covers

starvin marvin

We bought ours from motorhomeseatcovers.co.uk they are not real sheepskin but just as good we have had them on for a couple of years . They are very good warm in winter and cool in summer. They are washable and quite easy to fit. We found that once on they do need a quick going over with a vacuum cleaner just to get rid of loose textile, otherwise very good.

David Dwight - 2015-02-11 11:03 AM

We bought ours from motorhomeseatcovers.co.uk they are not real sheepskin but just as good we have had them on for a couple of years . They are very good warm in winter and cool in summer. They are washable and quite easy to fit. We found that once on they do need a quick going over with a vacuum cleaner just to get rid of loose textile, otherwise very good.

Thanks for that, but the clue was in the word "real" not really interested in faux.

starvin marvin - 2015-02-11 11:41 AM

David Dwight - 2015-02-11 11:03 AM

Thanks for that, but the clue was in the word "real" not really interested in faux.

They will go hard if you need to wash them a couple of times!! my rugs have even though I did them on wool delicate.

Solwaybuggier - 2015-02-11 12:00 PM

We had sheepskin covers from here http://www.easirider.com/sheepskin_seatcovers.htm on our last van. Good quality sheepskins, but a pain to fit/refit when they "crept".

Thanks for that, however it seems these are only for seats with separate headrests. Our Isri seats are shaped with an integrated headrest.

Motorhomedoseatcovers do sell real sheep skin covers at about £285 for Fiat. However I was not impressed with them when I phoned them to as a question. I wanted to know whether their range of seat covers would fit the new seats in the Fiat X290 cab - the guy I spoke to said "I don't know and didn't know there was a new model. I will phone you this afternoon or tomorrow morning". 2 weeks later still no answer from them !!

Alan

sheer lunar-see - 2015-02-11 6:07 PM

I made my own by using old sheepskin coats, bought at a charity shop, for 2pounds each, and two pairs of braces from same shop, another pound, pair of good scissors to cut the basic shape, and just lay over and clip on with braces. easily removed and washed.

You washed real sheepskin??? you've got to be joking its suede, you don't wash suede, well not in your right mind you don't.

peter - 2015-02-11 9:45 PM

I have washed and tumble dried our sheepskin rugs lots of times and they are fine.

So clever Peter NOT

Step 5 - Dry Your Seat Cover

Now that your sheepskin seat cover has been given a thorough cleaning, you'll need to hang it up to dry indoors, as excessive heat and sunlight aren't good for sheepskin. Allow at least three to four hours of drying time.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-best-clean-sheepskin-seat-covers#ixzz3RXehz8Ze

maggyd - 2015-02-12 2:33 PM

I have washed and tumble dried our sheepskin rugs lots of times and they are fine.

So clever Peter NOT

Now that your sheepskin seat cover has been given a thorough cleaning, you'll need to hang it up to dry indoors, as excessive heat and sunlight aren't good for sheepskin. Allow at least three to four hours of drying time.

Read more: http://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-best-clean-sheepskin-seat-covers#ixzz3RXehz8Ze

That comment was nasty Maggyd. I was stating what I have done and not suggesting you or anyone else for that matter follow my example. I have two sheepskin rugs that I put on the cab seats that cost the princely sum of £50 from Dunelm. If they are scrap after 10 yes I will bin them. They are now six years old and are fine. So there.

I just used sheepskin rugs i bought from farm shop at chatsworth and tucked them at top between headrest and seat :- i loved em thought they were great hubby hated em said his b...s got too hot when driving lol so that fleece was moved to my television viewing and reading position in habitation part of van: was going to make some ties to make it more permenant but found they didnt move when on seat :pp:)

So clever Peter NOT

I was only about 3 or 4, but vaguely recall mum washing a sheepskin rug with the backing/lining removed, then having to dry it over a few days before sewing the backing on again.

So clever Peter NOT

I was only about 3 or 4, but vaguely recall mum washing a sheepskin rug with the backing/lining removed, then having to dry it over a few days before sewing the backing on again.

Archived