Topaz

Saw an advert on numerous sites advertising a VW Topas 2006 for £27,995 at Webbs of Reading, so I made them a firm offer of £26.500 being prepaired to go a little higher The salesman told me the price was now £29,995 as it had gone up and they would take £28,995 ???????

No I didn't buy it.

Has enybody had any experience with this garage? I certainly wouldn't deal with them again.

Well it's on their website at £29995. Have you proof (either a copy of an advert or print off a web page) of the lower price.? Was it advertised as a special pre-season offer or a price reduction? Doubt if there is much you can do anyway but if you have proof, it would be worth pursuing if you want to do a deal otherwise look elsewhere.

yes it was £27995 on all the sites as normal that why I made an offer but while I was talking to the salesman he came back and said the price was now £29,995 which it now is on all the sites. Yes I have proofe as I down loaded two sites.at £27,995

yes pepi that is the one out side webbs office

, I think the practise stinks.what ever there reasons.

You had a lucky escape, my only time dealing with them was a disaster.

So bad, I didn't take it back or push them for the final repair for the things they broke because I had no trust left in the cowboys who worked on my motorhome in their workshop.

Looks like their sales dept is up to the same standard.

Spend your money somewhere else.

Guest Peter James
bertieburstner - 2015-02-11 4:51 PM

remember it's an offer to treat, not an invitation to sell (copyright Maidenhead Grammar school law class 1968) ie they can do what they want with the price. Does seem a bit odd though

Advertised price is an Invitation to Treat, not an Offer to Sell, but you've got the right idea B-)

Guest Peter James
19721973 - 2015-02-11 3:31 PM

yes it was £27995 on all the sites as normal that why I made an offer but while I was talking to the salesman he came back and said the price was now £29,995 which it now is on all the sites. Yes I have proofe as I down loaded two sites.at £27,995

yes pepi that is the one out side webbs office

, I think the practise stinks.what ever there reasons.

Nothing you can do about it. I can understand your annoyance at the dealer having wasted your time. But it makes a change from tyrekickers wasting dealers time.

They were obviously not that keen to sell it, a £2000 'reduction' to a keen customer is nothing to them.

especially as they had it up for £27995, prior to your enquiry. I bet they paid a fair bit less than that on 'Trade in'. They must be 'Flush' with money, and don't need the Trade. Look elswhere, and buy direct from the owner. get a much better deal. Ray

Archived