Motorhome Insurance

bristol170kj

Well the time is again nearly upon me when I have to renew my camper Insurance.

I have been with Safeguard for a few years and they have always been competitive. On checking a couple of other providers (SAGA and CARAVANCLUB), this year, they do not appear to be as competitive as before.

SAGA is quoting me almost £100 cheaper than Safeguard for the same level of cover (including road side assistance).

Does anyone have any input, for or against, SAGA please.

We have a car with Saga. Unfortunately we had an accident in December, coming back from Yorkshire

They kept putting the time when some-one would come to us off. Everytime we rang them it was "some-one will be with you in 2 hours" Eventually they sent a taxi to get us, and take us somewhere for the night. That was after waiting 6 hours in the cold, with no where to go, but sit in the car. The breakdown vehicle arrived at 10 pm to collect the car from where we had left it, (with the key "hidden"), so theoretically it could have been stolen. We where then left to arrange a hire car to get us going . All in all a right shambles.

So when the insurance comes up for renewal , we won't be going with Saga Every time we rang them it was a different person answering Talk about the left hand/right hand

The motorhome is with Safeguard, best quote for us

PJay

We have just Paid our second year with Caravan Club M/Home Insurance, and it has gone down !!

Last year £362, this Year,£301.88, I was impressed. 2012 Motorhome 7 years no claims.

That is fully comp. AND towing our car on an A-Frame. (car with them too !).

No recovery though, I do that through Green Flag, Recovery only £33.

Ray

Rayjsj - 2015-02-14 9:59 PM

We have just Paid our second year with Caravan Club M/Home Insurance, and it has gone down !!

Last year £362, this Year,£301.88, I was impressed. 2012 Motorhome 7 years no claims.

That is fully comp. AND towing our car on an A-Frame. (car with them too !).

No recovery though, I do that through Green Flag, Recovery only £33.

Ray

Just renewed with Safeguard £319.00 including recovery, and 365 days use. And both drivers well over 70.

PJay

Archived