Mirror guards

lynneroy

• 1 month later...
Billggski - 2015-02-17 5:50 PM

At the NEC today I noticed you can now have them with a patchwork pattern, or even with skulls on them! Very chic.

Hi, no amount of googling has turned up the mirror gaurds you mention.

Don't suppose you remember who was selling them?

My son, for some reason is mad on the skull and crossbones thing, Kids eh!

Paul.

Further to my earlier post about cost of replacing mirrors my local dealer says there are at least 12 variants of mirror for post 2006 Ducato/PSA vans. I had to buy an OEM one , cost supplied and fitted £430 and that was after my garage kindly gave me the mirror at the (trade) price to them.

I am fitting Milenco guards but a word of caution make sure you get the right one. The long mirror stem version won't fit a short stem mirror e.g. on a PVC which is what I have.

I note that the short arm version may not have been released yet and this months Caravan Club magazine appears to be saying that it will not be released until May. My local caravan dealer seems to think he will have one in the next couple of days. Time will tell if he is right but the long arm ones definitely don't fit.

Rayjsj - 2015-03-26 9:32 AM

The Milenco short arm version hasn't been released yet, some time in may I believe ? The original ' mirrorguards' are a lot more heavy duty, if at a higher price.

. As I said earlier, don't folk read earlier posts any more ?

The “Mirror Protectors” webpage of Milenco’s own website  

http://www.milenco.com/products/mirror-protectors/ 

advises on the suitability and availability of this product 

Fits all coach built only: 2007 Onwards Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citreon Relay with wide arm mirrors. 

Does not fit van conversions with narrow arm mirrors. 

White (Wide Arm) Product Code: 4268 

Black (Wide Arm) Product Code: 4657 

Van Conversion model available May 

Fits Standard Short Arm Vans from 2007 onwards 

White (Short Arm) Product code: 4732 

Black (Short Arm) Product code: 4725 

It my be worth rereading my posting of 19 February 2015 9:39 AM on Page 1 of this thread where I mentioned the possibility of the Milenco protectors damaging a mirror’s outside temperature sensor. 

Derek once again I stand in awe of your diligence and care and slightly ashamed of my own inadequacies in the research department.

The reference to the arm thickness makes sense . The product as supplied wouldn't wrap fully round the mirror and consequently wouldn't meet the securing clip. The dealer looked up his trade catalogue and equated "short" with a PVC and "long" with a coach built so I think the part coming in today still won't be the right one.

I will update when I find out. Meantime thanks for pointing out the temperature sensor issue. I will look at that as well.

I recently bought a set of Mirrorguards and fitted them only to have a problem getting them to seat properly over the mirrors. The offside one wouldn't slide over enough and even though I used some liquid soap it still wouldn't seat properly so I rang the company up and they agreed to send me another one. This morning I received it and when I put it on it fitted like a glove. It seems that some early production ones had to much thickness of sponge material in them. I've now asked for a nearside one as well as that one isn't seated properly either. I've posted the rejected one back so that they can see what the problem is. The company is very helpful and obliging.

Archived