Covers to 2015 Fiat cab seats

Pipkim

We have just purchased a new van [2015 Adria Coral Plus 670SLT] which, we are told, has the original Fiat cab seats re-trimmed to reflect the Adria branding.

On our previous van we had some generic seat covers fitted [obtained from one of the stalls at the Peterborough Show] which were fine but were quite loose fitting.

My question is whether there is a purpose/bespoke made seat & armrest cover to suit the Fiat cab seats?

Thanks,

PilgrimPhil

We pick our new MH in March and I asked the question of Motorhomeseatcovers.co.uk by phone of whether their covers will fit or were they only for the X250 version and they said they didn't know there was a new model out and they would phone me back - that was about 3 weeks ago and did they phone ? No - so maybe they don't want the business.

I await with interest for any info this forum may bring.

Alan

Pipkim - 2015-02-16 10:28 AM

We have just purchased a new van [2015 Adria Coral Plus 670SLT] whi or ch, we are told, has the original Fiat cab seats re-trimmed to reflect the Adria branding.

On our previous van we had some generic seat covers fitted [obtained from one of the stalls at the Peterborough Show] which were fine but were quite loose fitting.

My question is whether there is a purpose/bespoke made seat & armrest cover to suit the Fiat cab seats?

Thanks,

PilgrimPhil

Hi Phil & Allan

I used a company in Manchester for my 8 seater, they were made to measure and fitted first class.

They even fitted them for me for £20!!!! Unbelievable. And that was for all 9 seats, took them 4 hours.

Tel No is

0161 442 2121.

They also made to black carpets and bound the edges

We have just purchased a new van [2015 Adria Coral Plus 670SLT] which, we are told, has the original Fiat cab seats re-trimmed to reflect the Adria branding...

Are you certain that’s the case?

I believe Fiat will now supply motorhome converters with chassis with ‘naked’ seats that the converter can have retrimmed. This avoids the seat’s original covering needing to be removed and discarded.

However, other converters will order chassis with seats in the original Fiat upholstery material and just add their own covers on top. If those covers are well tailored it’s not easy to tell that the seat has not been fully retrimmed.

Derek Uzzell - 2015-02-16 4:01 PM

We have just purchased a new van [2015 Adria Coral Plus 670SLT] which, we are told, has the original Fiat cab seats re-trimmed to reflect the Adria branding...

Are you certain that’s the case?

I believe Fiat will now supply motorhome converters with chassis with ‘naked’ seats that the converter can have retrimmed. This avoids the seat’s original covering needing to be removed and discarded.

However, other converters will order chassis with seats in the original Fiat upholstery material and just add their own covers on top. If those covers are well tailored it’s not easy to tell that the seat has not been fully retrimmed.

When we got our van - a Chausson - new in late 2010 the front seat upholstery matched the remainder of the van. However, they were badly fitted and looked naff. I could have asked the dealer to sort it out, but thought I'd take a closer look myself first. It transpired they were just covers put on top of the original Fiat upholstery, and with much fiddling I was able to get them fitting perfectly. Never had any issue since and they look as though they were 'professionally' fitted by the converter.

Mike

Derek is correct in that I was told that Fiat supply the seats without any covering at all. Adria have just re-upholstered a seat devoid of any covering.

We obviously want to protect this new. quite light, covering with something that we don't mind the dog sitting on etc. Hence the request for decent fitting seat protectors

Phil R

Pipkim - 2015-02-16 4:41 PM

We obviously want to protect this new. quite light, covering with something that we don't mind the dog sitting on etc. Hence the request for decent fitting seat protectors

Phil R

I have the same problem with the light coloured seats on my new MH, although my vehicle is an X250 2104 reg.

The seats appear to be a slightly different shape to the ones that I had in my previous MH, a 2011 X250.

I bought some quite expensive cover from a major supplier on eBay/Amazon only to find that they were an appalling fit, so much so that SWMBO declined to attempt to modify them. The new seats seem to be narrower across the shoulders than the old ones which left unsightly 'wings' flapping about. Also the length from the top of the headrest to the join with the squab was about 100mm to short. I wonder whether Fiat started fitting the X290 seats to late model X250's.

Anyway I shall watch this thread with great interest. I am already benefitting from the "socks for the arm rests" trick put forward by several very helpful contributers to and earlier thread. :-D

We have just purchased a new van [2015 Adria Coral Plus 670SLT] which, we are told, has the original Fiat cab seats re-trimmed to reflect the Adria branding.

Thanks,

PilgrimPhil

We bought these for our 2012 Autotrail Coachbuilt, They fit like a Glove, and are as good quality as the Autorail covers they are protecting.

Don'y know if they do other colours or indeed fit the 2015 models ?.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FIAT-DUCATO-MOTORHOME-SEAT-COVERS-HARRINGTON-STRIPE-MH123-NEW-DESIGN-/161054016613?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item257f914465

Ray

mikejkay - 2015-02-16 5:45 PM

...I wonder whether Fiat started fitting the X290 seats to late model X250’s...

I’ve attached a photo showing the cab-seats of a 2015 Adria Coral Plus 670SLT like Pipkim’s.

On-line photos of the cab-seats fitted to a 2014 Hobby Siesta T65 GE indicate that the design of the Hobby’s seats is pretty similar to that of the Adria’s seats, but I don’t think that the seats are identical. When the X290 was launched it was certainly said that revisions had been made to the Fiat camping-car ‘captain’s chairs’.

It is possible to obtain covers for X290 motorhome cab-seats - GOOGLE on “fiat x290 seat covers”. But if I wanted them I’d probably start by identifying UK motorhome converters who fit covers to cab-seats (Bailey?) and see if they would tell me who makes their covers.

My 2005 Hobby had standard Ford Transit high-backed cab-seats with well-fitted covers matching the upholstery fabric in the motorhome’s living area. I much prefer that approach to retrimming the original seats, though retrimming may be unavoidable when leather is involved. My previous Herald had retrimmed Ford seats and it became apparent that any damage or wear that occurs is much more difficult to rectify than if there are covers.

SEATS.JPG.245a2b0c3ad4769b6c5ce8d8dbad8b3b.JPG

You've been inside our van Derek!!

The seats are as shown in Derek's photo albeit the colours are reversed on our new acquisition!

Thanks to everyone for all your help so far - time to get Googling! [& start deliberating about Mirror Guards!]

Phil R

Phil,

It's not exactly local to you but we had our entire MH re-upholstered by Care-A -Van in Birmingham and they did an excellent job.

http://www.careavan.org/

It may be worth asking them if they'll make you a set of loose covers.

PS They are usually at all the main shows so will almost certainly be at the NEC this week then Peterborough in a couple of weeks time.

Keith.

CareAvan are on Stand 3114 at the NEC Show, next to the Moto-Trek stand (Stand 3108) that is very close to Mirror Guard (Stand 3200). RoadPro is on Stand 3230 near to Fiat Professional (Stand 3125) who will be avid to answer motorcaravanners’ technical questions. All of the above are towards the north-west corner of Hall 3, near to the eatery and toilets.

Regal Furnishings (Stand 3057 to the right of Hall 3’s right-hand main entrance) might also be able to advise about seat covers.

Archived