Swift Escape 622 - desperate help needed!!!!

Smooth

Once and if I get my panel sorted ha ha can anyone give any advise on fitting a new stereo to the MH or should I start a new thread?

Had a look at what's in there now and it's a single din stereo with a single gap above (that's technical speak for here in Yorkshire!!!!)

May put a double din unit in as both the stereo and gap just pop out however there looks like there are some screw holes that would get in the way?

Anyone had any experience of fitting

Cheers

You could try Apuljack Engineering for help with your control (their website has contact details) ,they sorted out similar problems with the control on my 2009 Bessacarr motor home although it was a different Nord Elettronica display. They are very helpful and sort out these systems regularly.

Smooth - 2015-02-21 12:02 PM

Hi mike

Tried to sign up to the swift forum. Anyone any idea as to how long it takes for them to authorise your sign in? Signed up 4 days ago now

I put a message on the Swift forum and this is their response:

"Hi Michael

I have had a look and there are no outstanding new requests. The application may have failed if not all the information requested was filled in. I would suggest he tries to re-apply."

The Nordelecttronica panels were notorious for their unreliability & the company went into administration some time during 2008/9, the phoenix company started up some months later. There are many threads on the Swift-Talk & this forum relating to numerous faults / problems. The company that appears to have the most knowledge & offer service exchange units is that already mentioned in a previous post :- Apuljack Engineering (see their website for contact details) & talk to Peter.

gdf - 2015-02-22 11:50 AM

Are you sure you have posted to the correct Swift Forum?

I've just looked and there is no post ablout your problem.

dave

He's posted on the caravan forum but has received several responses including one from Apuljack Engineering who have suggested he posts the panel to them for repair. But the key question is why the original poster is not leaving the matter for his dealer to resolve presumably under warranty.

Swift’s archived Technical Handbook for the 2009 Escape http://tinyurl.com/m95wywh indicates that a Nordelettronica NE219 control-panel was used together with an NE196 ‘fuse unit’.

As will be appreciated from the following link

http://www.deltaconversions.com/ne196---fuse-box.html

the NE196 unit is much more than just a simple fuse box - it’s the main component of the system to which the NE219 control-panel is slaved.

If Smooth’s NE219 control-panel’s only peculiarity is that it fails to switch off fully when its On/Off switch is pressed (or held down for a few seconds) it seems as likely that the reason lies in the NE196 unit as in the NE219 panel. The NE219 comprises a display plus some buttons, but it’s the NE196 that does most of the ‘work’.

As Stellings have the NE219 and NE196 components, they will be in a good position to fault-find.

• 1 month later...

Dear All

We have a vast experience of all makes of control panels and fuse boards and can help you out with your NE219/NE196. In particular, we have a redesign of these types of panels to permanently fix the switch off/switching back on problem. In fact, we have just undertaken that exact redesign for a very large Caravan Dealer near to us!

I am unsure if we are allowed to post contact details on this forum so ask your friend Mr Google to find us!

Archived