Truma C6002 Fault

MartinW

Hi.

I have a motorhome with a Truma C 6002 Combi boiler.

Everything works fine, apart from the blown air for the heating.

Water gets really hot but when I turn the dial on the control panel for heating, nothing happens i.e. no blown air heating.

Here's the strange thing though, when the system is shut down and the cooling process begins, warm air blows through the vents as per normal.

Basically it does everything right apart from actually heating the van.

Any ideas anyone.

Martin.

Hi, from memory you have a grey selection switch the outer ring is to select, either gas, mains, or both with two temp setting for the water and an inner dial something like 1-9 on it. The higher the number the higher the temp. Inbuilt are two lights one starts orange and then turns green when water hot, the other one would flash red if a voltage problem or per enact if a gas fault. If these are ok, it may be the temp sensor. This looks like a small button about 15 mm round sometimes found underneath the overhead lockers. If this packs up there is no signal to the boiler for heating. But when you shut the system down it goes into cool down mode to protect the boiler and the fan will run for a while. Hope this helps

Just to add to the above excellent summary, my first suspicion as above would be the "button" sensor, you can easily and without cost check out if it is the guilty party by gently prising it out of its location, remove the two wires from the back of it, and put the sensor to one side, now temporarily connect these two wires together with a small piece of other wire and try your heater, remembering of course the air flow initially is very slight, you may need to put your hand over an outlet to feel the air flow, if it works bingo your sorted, then send for a replacement. ;-)

1802910920_Roomtempsensor.jpg.a4d6bc29e0cab1f584025fd6253acd7d.jpg

MartinW - 2015-02-19 7:08 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Hadn't thought of that.

I did wonder if it was the dial with heat settings but they are about £60 on ebay.

I'll give the sensor a go first.

Cheers Guys.

Sorted one of my vans, let us know if you get a result. ;-)

Joe90 - 2015-02-19 7:30 PM

MartinW - 2015-02-19 7:08 PM

Thanks for the advice.

Hadn't thought of that.

I did wonder if it was the dial with heat settings but they are about £60 on ebay.

I'll give the sensor a go first.

Cheers Guys.

Sorted one of my vans, let us know if you get a result. ;-)

I unplugged the sensor and the heating started to work without even linking the 2 wires from the back.

I've ordered a new sensor (About £12 inc P+P)

Happy Days and Thank You everyone for the help and advice.

Martin.

Archived