Aire fairies......

Guest pelmetman

Guest pelmetman
paulmold - 2015-02-19 12:36 PM

pelmetman - 2015-02-19 11:52 AM

They've nicked another thread 8-) ..................

What did you expect !!

Well I was hoping to find out if Frank had got reply to the Weymouth aire question? *-) ..............

Or is that a step too far?........asking why aires are being denied in the UK :-S ..........

pelmetman - 2015-02-19 1:18 PM

paulmold - 2015-02-19 12:36 PM

pelmetman - 2015-02-19 11:52 AM

They've nicked another thread 8-) ..................

What did you expect !!

Well I was hoping to find out if Frank had got reply to the Weymouth aire question? *-) ..............

Or is that a step too far?........asking why aires are being denied in the UK :-S ..........

Perhaps he's got his answer and he's self combusted. :-) :-)

John.

Hi folks, since the subject of uk aires seems to have been supressed/forgotton or otherwise disposed of, may I confess to having just received my copy of all the aires.

last night I was using it to plot my satnav route down through france for forthcoming holiday, late may , and although the books are significantly larger than my old copy, they do include a good size folding map, showing locations..

The map could make it a lot clearer if they could colour code the Regions a bit better, ..in one case, I was looking for an aire in the index, and it suddenly occurred to me the I was in the wrong region, having crossedfrom north to south.

Well worth getting the new version.

Tonyg3nwl.

Guest pelmetman
tonyg3nwl - 2015-02-20 8:58 AM

Hi folks, since the subject of uk aires seems to have been supressed/forgotton or otherwise disposed of, may I confess to having just received my copy of all the aires.

last night I was using it to plot my satnav route down through france for forthcoming holiday, late may , and although the books are significantly larger than my old copy, they do include a good size folding map, showing locations..

The map could make it a lot clearer if they could colour code the Regions a bit better, ..in one case, I was looking for an aire in the index, and it suddenly occurred to me the I was in the wrong region, having crossedfrom north to south.

Well worth getting the new version.

Tonyg3nwl.

I should keep it well hidden ;-) ............As to the UK leisure industry its tantamount to subversive literature 8-) ......

Guest pelmetman
Joe90 - 2015-02-20 9:08 AM

I wonder if Canterbury is listed in it to tempt over all the European motorhomers. ;-)

I'm still waiting for Franks reply about the Weymouth aire ;-) .................

The silence is deafening :D ..............

Guest pelmetman
Tracker - 2015-02-20 9:19 AM

Sorry Dave, but as Frank has not logged in for two days I don't think it is very nice to keep baiting him.

Not baiting Rich ;-) ...............Just waiting with........baited breath :D ...........

As I'm sure other people......... like me they'd like to know why the aire never happened *-) ..........

I have my suspicions why :-| ............

Guest Had Enough

The reason I made my last post at just after six a.m. was that I was up early to set off for the Chunnel and we're now in Caceres in Spain on our way to Portugal.

The aires thread was pulled because Bulletguy made appalling accusations and accused me of sexual deviancy. I reported him to the mods and the thread was immediately pulled. I asked him to stop making cowardly attacks from behind the anonymity of his keyboard and to let me have his name and address so I could sue him. He declined.

I told him that he was a filthy liar and if he wished to sue me I was happy to let him have my full details. So far he hasn't had the courage of his convictions and refuses to give me his info.

I was amused when he told me that threatening to sue him is against this forum's T & Cs! By his perverted logic then, if I suggested that he is a paedophile who only goes to countries such as Romania because young children are easy to procure in such places and he then threatens to sue me, he is the one guilty of posting contrary to this forums T & Cs.

I've got used to the weirdest kind of logic from this man but that was the strangest! Anyway, the offer still stands Bulletguy. I state that the things that you attributed to me make you a filthy liar and if you'd like to swap details we can see whose claims actually stand up in court. Somehow I think he'll still be hiding behind his cowardly anonymity, whereas I'm prepared to exchange full details.

And I don't think by the way that you're a paedophile, I simply give that as an example of the kind of disgusting allegations that you make about me.

I shall deal with the Weymouth aire in a second post to avoid confusing two separate issues.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2015-02-21 8:14 PM

I shall deal with the Weymouth aire in a second post to avoid confusing two separate issues.

Your such a tease Frank *-) ........

Guest Had Enough

Just to recap the aires at Weymouth situation. The council discussed having a small aire. It has never gone ahead. Pelmetman claims that his brother-in-law, who is second-in-command of parking in Weymouth, told him that it was because the council is 'in league' with campsite owners and this is the real reason that it hasn't proceeded.

Pelmetman also said that the 'official' report was that the site was unsuitable and his clear implication is that the 'official' report is a cover-up to mask the councils deal with 'vested interests'. From his latest posts in this thread it's clear that Pelmetman hasn't changed his view.

We have here, according to Pelmetman's BIL, a council that is corrupt and is buckling to pressure from business interests and, even though the councillors want an aire, there is some kind of underhand dealing that has prevented it.

I have passed all this information to Mr Mark Tewkesbury. the chairman of the planning committee. I sent my email a week ago and haven't yet had a response. It has been half-term and, if he's a family man, could well be off for a few days, or of course he could be investigating as we speak.

I intend to follow it up and will contact him again in seven days if he hasn't replied.

We have a situation where an employee of a council has accused it of corruption and being 'in league' with campsite owners and issuing an 'official' report, which is a cover up for the true reason.

If they can do this over a small aire, it does make one wonder what else they can do, which is why questions need to be asked. All this of course assumes that what Pelmetman has told us about the information from his BIL is accurate.

I will let you know the result of any further communication with Mr. Tewkesbury but only when I have wi-fi, which will be sporadic as we travel around.

Guest pelmetman
Had Enough - 2015-02-21 8:31 PM

Just to recap the aires at Weymouth situation. The council discussed having a small aire. It has never gone ahead. Pelmetman claims that his brother-in-law, who is second-in-command of parking in Weymouth, told him that it was because the council is 'in league' with campsite owners and this is the real reason that it hasn't proceeded.

Pelmetman also said that the 'official' report was that the site was unsuitable and his clear implication is that the 'official' report is a cover-up to mask the councils deal with 'vested interests'. From his latest posts in this thread it's clear that Pelmetman hasn't changed his view.

We have here, according to Pelmetman's BIL, a council that is corrupt and is buckling to pressure from business interests and, even though the councillors want an aire, there is some kind of underhand dealing that has prevented it.

I have passed all this information to Mr Mark Tewkesbury. the chairman of the planning committee. I sent my email a week ago and haven't yet had a response. It has been half-term and, if he's a family man, could well be off for a few days, or of course he could be investigating as we speak.

I intend to follow it up and will contact him again in seven days if he hasn't replied.

We have a situation where an employee of a council has accused it of corruption and being 'in league' with campsite owners and issuing an 'official' report, which is a cover up for the true reason.

If they can do this over a small aire, it does make one wonder what else they can do, which is why questions need to be asked. All this of course assumes that what Pelmetman has told us about the information from his BIL is accurate.

I will let you know the result of any further communication with Mr. Tewkesbury but only when I have wi-fi, which will be sporadic as we travel around.

Your such a spin merchant Frank *-) ..........My BIL said the reason the aire didn't go ahead was because of infrastructure issues :-| .........It's "ME" who queried this ;-) ............and it's "ME" who believes the council was swayed by the handful of campsite owners who wish to protect their self interest >:-) ............

So get your facts right ;-) ............

Guest Had Enough
pelmetman - 2015-02-21 8:41 PM

Your such a spin merchant Frank *-) ..........My BIL said the reason the aire didn't go ahead was because of infrastructure issues :-| .........It's "ME" who queried this ;-) ............and it's "ME" who believes the council was swayed by the handful of campsite owners who wish to protect their self interest >:-) ............

So get your facts right ;-) ............

Well, if your conscience can live with such a blatant rewriting of the facts that's up to you.

I asked how you knew that the aire had been scrapped because of 'the council being in league with campsite owners' and you triumphantly boasted that you'd had this from your BIL whom you'd known thirty years and in your own words that 'trumped' anything I had.

I have no doubt that others who will also remember what you actually claimed will soon be along to 'jog your memory' and that's putting the kindest possible interpretation on your total change of tune.

Some might think that you'd been very foolish in invoking your BIL in this and are now desperately back-pedaling.

Unbelievable that either of you care.........jeez, have either of you really not got anything better to do with your time, one could say I'm holed up in Wales, hence I'm on here, that's my excuse.............

but here we are, one of you in sunny Spain, and one heading in the same direction, why not have a meet, beat the crap out of each other, you'll feel better, and save us all your endless verbal garbage

to use the modern parlance, get a bloody life.

Guest pelmetman

You both have a point........and I don't want the Aire Fairy to nick another thread....... I'll wait and see what reply Frank gets ;-).........

Archived