Satellite scart / Tv hdmi

Weneeda

We have recently bought an Autotrail Miami (07) with a Kathrein satellite system. Yesterday we purchased an Avtec TV/DVD but now find that the power lead to the TV is not allowing the scart plug to go into the TV's scart socket (too tight).

Any suggestions to get round this? Bit of a numptie when it comes to cables and electronics

Eileen

Weneeda - 2015-02-21 3:38 PM

We have recently bought an Autotrail Miami (07) with a Kathrein satellite system. Yesterday we purchased an Avtec TV/DVD but now find that the power lead to the TV is not allowing the scart plug to go into the TV's scart socket (too tight).

Any suggestions to get round this? Bit of a numptie when it comes to cables and electronics

Eileen

Is it tight because of the angle of the SCART plug? If so you can get straight ones ie the lead comes straight from the back of the plug and not at an angle. Does your satellite box have an HDMI socket on the back? If so use an HDMI lead in preference to a SCART.

Dave

Edit to add a link to straight SCART on Ebay

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2m-Flat-Scart-Cable-Lead-90-Degree-Right-Angle-Connector-/251592565125?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a9415e185

Thanks Dave

Our scart lead is straight and it comes from the satellite system so I'm thinking I need to get in touch with the manufacturer to see if they have a way around our problem. The satellite system was installed a few years ago by the previous owners and obviously scart was the way to go then.

We also have a 240v normal TV which we can hook up and we may just run with that and return the 12v.

Thanks for your reply.

Eileen ??

Weneeda - 2015-02-21 3:38 PM

Eileen

I would speak to your retailer (Capital in out Case) or Avtex direct they must have had this problem before Avtex offer an excellent service both advice and repairs/replacements.

Weneeda - 2015-02-21 3:38 PMWe have recently bought an Autotrail Miami (07) with a Kathrein satellite system. Yesterday we purchased an Avtec TV/DVD but now find that the power lead to the TV is not allowing the scart plug to go into the TV's scart socket (too tight). Any suggestions to get round this? Bit of a numptie when it comes to cables and electronicsEileen

Unless I've misunderstood I think that the SCART connection is analogue and not digital, which makes me wonder if the sat system is from the analogue age, and not digital which most sat systems are now. There should be a method on the sat receiver of connecting digital to digital, usually HDMI. I am no expert I hasten to add.

Tea Cup - 2015-02-22 12:41 PM
Weneeda - 2015-02-21 3:38 PMWe have recently bought an Autotrail Miami (07) with a Kathrein satellite system. Yesterday we purchased an Avtec TV/DVD but now find that the power lead to the TV is not allowing the scart plug to go into the TV's scart socket (too tight). Any suggestions to get round this? Bit of a numptie when it comes to cables and electronicsEileen

Unless I've misunderstood I think that the SCART connection is analogue and not digital, which makes me wonder if the sat system is from the analogue age, and not digital which most sat systems are now. There should be a method on the sat receiver of connecting digital to digital, usually HDMI. I am no expert I hasten to add.

Over the last 15(? ) years I've had three digiboxs with no HDMI,

Archived