2007 Compass Suntor 160 Habitation 12v cut off over-ride

mhfamily4

Hi folks

Our 2007 Compass Suntor 160 (ie. Elddis Autoquest 160) on the Peugeot Boxer 2.2 HDi base vehicle (last of old shape on 2007MY change) is set up to cut the 12v supply to the living area when the ignition is turned on (except the fridge & leisure battery charge supply remains +). My question is simple, is there a simple switch/relay/fuse or whatever I can remove to maintain our 12v supply to the habitation area whilst we are travelling, at times we could benefit from this. I'm sure someone else has done this so where is it and any pictures or instructions would be greatly appreciated?

Hi, I think you will find there is a relay which recives a supply from the D+ terminal of the alternator, if your hab lights stay on with the ignition turned on but go out when engine is started this is the system you have, the thing to be careful with this circuit it's may be the same one that controls the power supply to the fridge and auto retract step if fitted. On our 2004 Bessy we simply put a switch in the line before the relay, as it only controlled the hab lights, power to the heater etc. there are certain rules about having the power shut of to the habitation side of the van, I am sure someone will be along to explain. On Bessy the two spotlights above the offside front settee always stayed live. Hope this helps a bit. Our fuse box was in the wardrobe. And by sticking my head in there whilst someone else turned the engine off I was able to hear the relay click. Strangely enough I have just had to have a similar relay changed in my 2012 Elddis Aspire but this is of the pc board type which controls lots of operations, including turning off the hab lights, linking the batteries together, auto step retraction and doc fridge supply. So be careful! Good luck

Archived