PARKING EYE

lazarus

Just read a post ref PARKING EYE or in the Latin, Dikus Turpinus,ive been getting these for years,in the last 12 months I've had 7 requests to give these bandits money and each time I carefully place the offending article in the bin.then you get the demands with menacing verbal diarrhoea,court sue fines etc they never take court action because it would cost them more than it's worth,all they rely on is people's ignorance and fear if anyone gets a ticket,sorry a piece of paper demanding money with menaces, bin it! I did have one off wirral cc two weeks ago so I went back to where my offence took place because I never saw any signage saying no parking,lo and behold there was a small sign right at the end of the street restricted parking hours,slightly miffed I paid that same day,didn't want to forget and let it snowball into hundreds because they will take court action!

It is worth reading on here http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?

The advice remains the same, these ex clamping bandits are now trying every possible way to restore their ill gotten gains. Ignore the lot, everything, no phoning nothing, they will go away, if they do issue court papers they will drop out before court, in the rare cases they do go to court they will lose.

Our Government, in their wisdom, gave these cowboys the right to get any drivers name and address off the DVLA, the DVLA happily accept payment and send your name and address so that you can be harassed often illegally.

The Councils and some others like airports and rail stations have different powers, you have to pay them or go to court.

I have ignored several successfully and I am proud of it, any political party that will promise to curb these cowboys will get my vote.

H

I'm always a bit unclear on all this "parking ticket" issue..

Aren't these companies just employed/instructed by businesses, shop owners, landowners etc, to manage the parking on their property?........

So, as long as someone has paid the relevant fee, parked correctly, haven't overstayed and any signage is in order, then there should be no issue, surely...?

If people didn't park where they shouldn't, nor for longer then they should, then they wouldn't have to "ignore" anything.

What am I missing here?.. are we saying that these companies are routinely going around ticketing cars that are legally/correctly parked? :-S

I've only ever received one parking ticket and that was my own fault, as I failed to read the signage correctly - I thought it was £x for 2 hours, so at 1hr 50mins I put another ticket on- but I failed to see the bit about it being 2hrs only. 'twas my fault, it was on the sign.. :$

Two points, if anyone thinks staying 5 minutes over the alloted time at a hospital car park warrants a £100 fine, or a motorway service area, they are not inhabiting the same planet as me, especially as neither of those examples could reasonably be described as private land, and certainly have not been bought and developed by these modern day Dick Turpins, it's a bloody disgrace, as is the practice of DVLA selling our details to these awful people .

This is someone who was caught on camera and refused to pay.

Dave

Digging into this particular car park I found out that Parking Eye took over management of it on 1 August 2013 and installed ANPR cameras and signage which were completed 31 st August 2013

What they did not do was obtain planning permission for them. They were eventually pulled up by the council and made application for planning permission on 21st January 2014. Full planning permission for retention of ANPR cameras and signage was eventually granted on 23rd July 2014.

So from 31st August 2013 until 23rd July 2014 I consider they were not entitled to use of equipment which they had not been legally authorised to install. Whilst it didn't apply to me I have drawn Parking Prankster's attention to this. I am thinking of submitting a Freedom of Interest enquiry to DVLA asking how many registered keepers addresses were supplied to Parking Eye in relation to this car park. I wonder which solicitors will start advertising asking for people who coughed up to start legal proceedings to recover any monies paid and of course for distress and etc etc

Attached Files

00420363.pdf 217.66KB 8 downloads

00474372.pdf 91.64KB 2 downloads

This was the outcome of the PO parking charge too the guy who challenged it and refused to pay the charge.

Just got a letter from Parking Eye confirming the charge has been cancelled.

My appeal was on the basis that in law the £100 charge was not a genuine pre-estimate of loss and several other points The trade body the British Parking Association and POPLA have previously found against all such charges as being an unenforceable penalty.

So if anyone gets this con do not pay and appeal on those grounds. If anyone wants further info PM me

Guest Peter James
Joe90 - 2015-02-24 1:07 PM

if anyone thinks staying 5 minutes over the alloted time at a hospital car park warrants a £100 fine, or a motorway service area,

It doesn't and they are only allowed to recover reasonable charges, like 5 minutes parking may be worth 10p rather than £100. Private companies can only enforce through the courts a PARKING Charge Notice (like 10 pence for a 5 minute overstay). Government bodies like Councils make the law to suit themselves, so only they can enforce a PENALTY (like £100 for a 5 minute overstay) Charge Notice.

Motorway Services are Private Land, for which you can thank Thatcher for selling them off.

If you don't restrict hospital or supermarket car parks, they would probably be full of cars owned by people who have parked and gone somewhere else. Again, blame the Government for selling off public car parks, taking our road taxes whilst washing their hands of their responsibility to provide proper facilities in return.

I'm glad there are some other people who think that motorists don't have a right to park wherever they want.

The situation regarding hospital car parks is ridiculous, but generally if people park where they shouldn't they should be penalised.

If I look up my road there are a number of cars parked on private gardens. The threat to clamp them used to be enough to get rid of them, but not any more. I could try and contact the police (email is their preferred method of contact these days, you can't walk into the police station any more) but they aren't interested.

So all you people who think you are entitled to park anywhere: presumably you would be perfectly happy for others to park on your gardens? Maybe even use your garage if you've got one?

Why do we have to demonise the people that are protecting their own land and businesses at the expense of the inconsiderate?

Don't get me started about people that complain about speeding tickets because they didn't know there was a speed camera.

Stick to the rules and society will be better for it.

Peter

This is the Guy which challenged the charge which will be summed up on Thursday.

It was a huge shock. I think they should stop intimidating people to pay money.’

– Barry Beavis on Parking Eye

The legality of parking tickets issued by enforcement firms is being challenged in a landmark case at the Appeal Court.

In a stand against what he calls 'bullying' tactics, Barry Beavis, who owns a fish and chip shop in Billericay, Essex, will say today that an £85 fine for exceeding his two-hour free stay by 56 minutes was disproportionate and should not be enforced.

Guest Peter James
nowtelse2do - 2015-02-24 2:50 PM

This is the Guy which challenged the charge which will be summed up on Thursday.

It was a huge shock. I think they should stop intimidating people to pay money.’

– Barry Beavis on Parking Eye

The legality of parking tickets issued by enforcement firms is being challenged in a landmark case at the Appeal Court.

In a stand against what he calls 'bullying' tactics, Barry Beavis, who owns a fish and chip shop in Billericay, Essex, will say today that an £85 fine for exceeding his two-hour free stay by 56 minutes was disproportionate and should not be enforced.

Sorry to pick on a word but its an important one. Its not a fine!!!

A Private firm like Parking Eye cannot Fine anybody, any more than you or I can fine anybody. All they (and we) can do is attempt to charge them by sending them an invoice. If they pay us we can accept it. But if they don't pay us, only the court can decide whether or not to make them pay.

Anybody who thinks that all the drivers who get a private unsolicited invoice are guilty of any wrong doing are simply wrong. The cowboys have no conscience and do not abide by the rules of normal behaviour.

They issue "tickets" because they can, often without cause. After all they want to make money.

I have had fake PCN tickets, fake Court papers, false solicitors letters, and false claims for false "expenses".

Until you have experienced the full on harassment of these cowboys you have no idea of how bad they can be.

H

Southender - 2015-02-24 2:15 PM

There is another way to stop getting these fines/invoices.

Stop parking where you shouldn`t and don`t go over the time allowed.

Unless of course you couldn`t be arsed then just carry on.

Have you never attended a hospital for an appointment, and HAD to overstay because you were flat out under anaesthetic ? well, it happens. Hospital parking should be free, as it is in most parts of Wales.

It's not always about folk 'Dodging paying' as you seem to think. Good luck with YOUR parking by the way. Ray *-)

PCC - 2015-02-24 2:45 PM

I'm glad there are some other people who think that motorists don't have a right to park wherever they want.

The situation regarding hospital car parks is ridiculous, but generally if people park where they shouldn't they should be penalised.

If I look up my road there are a number of cars parked on private gardens. The threat to clamp them used to be enough to get rid of them, but not any more. I could try and contact the police (email is their preferred method of contact these days, you can't walk into the police station any more) but they aren't interested.

So all you people who think you are entitled to park anywhere: presumably you would be perfectly happy for others to park on your gardens? Maybe even use your garage if you've got one?

Why do we have to demonise the people that are protecting their own land and businesses at the expense of the inconsiderate?

Don't get me started about people that complain about speeding tickets because they didn't know there was a speed camera.

Stick to the rules and society will be better for it.

Peter

Anyone who parked in my garden without being invited, would find all 4 tyres punctured through the wall. No Notes no threats of court action, just action.

'never saw a thing mate' and exactly why are you parking in my garden anyway ?

And a Notice, anyone who parks here uninvited does so at their own risk. >:-) Ray

lazarus - 2015-02-24 9:56 AM

Just read a post ref PARKING EYE or in the Latin, Dikus Turpinus,ive been getting these for years,in the last 12 months I've had 7 requests to give these bandits money and each time I carefully place the offending article in the bin.then you get the demands with menacing verbal diarrhoea,court sue fines etc they never take court action because it would cost them more than it's worth,all they rely on is people's ignorance and fear if anyone gets a ticket,sorry a piece of paper demanding money with menaces, bin it! I did have one off wirral cc two weeks ago so I went back to where my offence took place because I never saw any signage saying no parking,lo and behold there was a small sign right at the end of the street restricted parking hours,slightly miffed I paid that same day,didn't want to forget and let it snowball into hundreds because they will take court action!

It won't be anything like a Parking Eye type company. If the ticket or PCN was issued for on street parking,that will be issued by Wirral Council via their contractor. The attendants are so badly trained that the Council expect any one issued with a ticket to dispute it. They have many incidents of poor signage and non compliant bay markings.

Guest Peter James
Rayjsj - 2015-02-24 5:36 PM

Anyone who parked in my garden without being invited, would find all 4 tyres punctured through the wall. No Notes no threats of court action, just action.

'never saw a thing mate' and exactly why are you parking in my garden anyway ?

And a Notice, anyone who parks here uninvited does so at their own risk. >:-) Ray

Not recommended. Others can be like that you know. People who live in glass houses etc...

Rayjsj - 2015-02-24 5:29 PM

Have you never attended a hospital for an appointment, and HAD to overstay because you were flat out under anaesthetic ? well, it happens. Hospital parking should be free, as it is in most parts of Wales.

It's not always about folk 'Dodging paying' as you seem to think. Good luck with YOUR parking by the way. Ray *-)

Why have you brought hospital parking into this, i never mentioned anything about that.

You go to hospital park for X amount of hours or days and pay the appropriate fee.

Anyone who drives after having what amounts to having a general anaesthetic is stupid and idiotic

and they want reporting to the police immediately.

I would happily report them.

Obviously someone gifted with clairvoyance that knows exactly how many hours parking time they'll need with the average hospital appointment, or how long it may take a relative to die when you get that inevitable phone call >:-( Odd that some companies can make so much money out of other peoples misery.

Parking where they should? Well excuse me if you go to Aldi in west kirby or Prestatyn to name two places and you forget to put your registration in their machine you get a demand for money from P.E. now there's a high percentage of the older generation in this area, how many of those who are a bit forgetful get ripped off panicked into paying the fee? Sanctimonious claptrap comes to mind.not just talking about motorhomes either,once I got a demand because the overhang on my MH was outside the bay!

Guest Had Enough

Despite accepting that some of these firms are less than scrupulous the question still remains, which is, how do you stop unsolicited parking?

Near where I live there's a motorway services. If there wasn't a restriction on parking it would soon be full up with people car-sharing to work.

There's a Sainsbury's and Lidl in Bolton town centre, both of which have time restrictions, because if they didn't they'd be providing free parking for the local office workers.

My own firm once had a car park and it was a nightmares stopping illegal parkers who would block in our own vehicles. We moved eventually to larger premises but if we hadn't I'd have considered a punitive clamping system as it gets so damn annoying.

I have to say though that I have never had a parking ticket. It's like speeding, if you're caught it's your own silly fault for being too idle to walk a hundred yards or too idle to look for signs and read them although I accept that hospital parking is an exception for obvious reasons but again, if it were free in my local hospital it would soon be full of car-sharers.

My newsagent's shop often shows good examples of these idle people. It's on a corner of a busy road and a side street. The side street has lots of room to park but it means walking about fifty yards. The first ten yards of the side street have double yellow lines to keep it clear for vehicles turning,

Every time I go I can guarantee that there'll be one idle bugger on the yellow lines as he nips in to post a parcel (It's a post office as well) or buy some fags. They assume that, as it's out of town, there'll be no traffic wardens, but the wardens have motor scooters and when one gets ticketed they're ranting on about little Hitlers etc. and don't have the brains to work out that the only problem is their selfish idleness.

Joe90 - 2015-02-24 6:48 PM

Obviously someone gifted with clairvoyance that knows exactly how many hours parking time they'll need with the average hospital appointment, or how long it may take a relative to die when you get that inevitable phone call >:-( Odd that some companies can make so much money out of other peoples misery.

The Shrewsbury hospitals have an ANPR system and as you come to leave it tells you what the charge is; if you want you can pay on-line after you get home. The first 30 minutes is free so you aren't charged for dropping someone off or collecting them. It works really well.

That doesn't stop them issuing fines.

Obviously you didn't see the recent "Dispatches" programme about car parking scams so you won't know about "ghosting". People who park their car, pay the fee yet weeks later get a fixed penalty fine through the door.

One owner asked for photographs to be sent of his car in the parking bay. Sure enough it had a ticket stuck on his windscreen.....in the photograph. Yet he hadn't gone over the allotted time and there was no ticket on his screen when he'd returned to his car.

It's a scam used by car park companies to generate (steal) money from the gullible public. As with most businesses now, wardens are given daily "targets"....they must book X amount per day and they get paid a bonus according to the number of tickets issued.

When falling short of achieving their "target" they resort to "ghosting".

It's fraudulent and it's theft.

Archived